Random thoughts thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Saw a news story last night about a business called "Goats on the Go"...where they hire out goats to clear areas of weeds & small brush, etc.

The one thing that caught my attention was "they eat POISON IVY". They EAT poison ivy. THEY eat poison ivy.

Three wooded acres...hmmmmm.

May have to give them a call...

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
16. Longest Cubs game ever in terms of time. I washed out at the end of 14.

It didn't help that neither pitcher could find the plate through the first several innings.

Pretty sure Edwin Jackson threw more pitches in the dirt than strikes. 102 pitches through 4 innings? Ye gods.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I went to see Fitz and the Tantrums last night at the Simon Estes Amphitheater. Effing fantastic show! Sold out and just completely rocked.

I have this observation this morning however:

c92fe264eee4c6d94afe0075f634c15b.jpg

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Saw a news story last night about a business called "Goats on the Go"...where they hire out goats to clear areas of weeds & small brush, etc.

The one thing that caught my attention was "they eat POISON IVY". They EAT poison ivy. THEY eat poison ivy.

I'm fairly certain this was on Shark Tank at some point.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

That was the plot of the Curious George episode the other day, is that the "news story" you're referring to?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm fairly certain this was on Shark Tank at some point.

They're right here in Story County. $5-7 per goat per day...according to the website, takes 30-40 goats about 3 days for thick underbrush. But if you've ever suffered from systemic poison ivy, it's worth the price. One time it was so bad that all of the soft skin body parts (inner thighs, inside upper arms, belly) were one big continuous purple welt - like the worst case of hives ever. Hubby mows a path, and I'm very careful where I walk, but I'd like to be able to wander out there more freely, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.