Random thoughts thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No2, I couldn't find a date on the blog, but that's a different company. Goats on the Go was started up two years ago; they may have "borrowed" the idea from the guys in the blog...

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The owner's son was on vacation last week in Cabo and he managed to bother me even more from there. I was getting 7-8 E-mails/day from the clown.

After a couple days, I finally responded with screen shots of Cabo, the weather report in Cabo, links for things do to in Cabo. He was there with his wife and kids. WTF?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
16. Longest Cubs game ever in terms of time. I washed out at the end of 14.

Husband and I were flipping between the game and a movie, and I remember it being 9:05, and it's only the fourth inning. 2 hours in, and only the fourth inning. Oy.

Then, the husband just "had to tell me!" at 1:30A how Baker pitched the top of the 16th, and scored the winning run. I blame him for not falling back asleep properly.

I went to see Fitz and the Tantrums last night at the Simon Estes Amphitheater. Effing fantastic show! Sold out and just completely rocked.

I have this observation this morning however:

c92fe264eee4c6d94afe0075f634c15b.jpg

I am so frickin' jealous of you...the concert, not the feeling of being dragged through a sick cow backwards that you're coping with right now.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I am so frickin' jealous of you...the concert, not the feeling of being dragged through a sick cow backwards that you're coping with right now.

Thank god I didn't get drunk on top of it. I had a few beers but stayed sober. My body and especially my neck are just terrible. I feel like I got my *** kicked last night.

The concert was completely worth it though.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm thinking about buying a boat.

Yes or no?

I found Dandy!

images

From everything I have heard about boats it is all about how much you are willing to put up with to have one. They can be big expenses especially with storage and docking involved. If you aren't really going to use it all the time, sometimes it's not worth it.

Personally I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a recreational vehicle, but that's just me.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Spouse liked it...me, not so much. It didn't help that we lived a fair drive away from the closest water (about a 45 minute drive). We sold it after about 5 years of only using it once or twice a summer. I do have a soft spot for the boat, though...he proposed to me on that boat. :)

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I found Dandy!

images

From everything I have heard about boats it is all about how much you are willing to put up with to have one. They can be big expenses especially with storage and docking involved. If you aren't really going to use it all the time, sometimes it's not worth it.

Personally I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a recreational vehicle, but that's just me.

Actually I was doing this when the boat thought popped into my head.

10-Surprising-facts-why-you-dont-lose-weight1.jpg

Except it was at a bar that has a deck outside by the river and boats were constantly driving by.

I have heard they can be quite the hassle but I'm willing to do the work especially now that I'm still young and we don't have kids.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Spouse liked it...me, not so much. It didn't help that we lived a fair drive away from the closest water (about a 45 minute drive). We sold it after about 5 years of only using it once or twice a summer. I do have a soft spot for the boat, though...he proposed to me on that boat. :)

So, let's boil this down...Papylew has boat, not married. Gets married, wife doesn't like boat. Boat goes away.

Yep, that's women....

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

We would live about 5 minutes from the marina where the boat would be parked in the water all summer long. Only have to put it in the water once in the late spring and take it out once in the early fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.