UNI Tournament

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
With a one hour time limit, it sounds more like a club tournament. You play two sets in an hour in pool play, and in bracket play a third set to 15 is played if the teams split the first two sets.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The Iowa Ice is a team that a bunch of our former players are on....pretty sure.

http://www.iavbreg.org/index.php/pro-league It's like our USA regional volleyball team? It sounds like it may be a pro team. I don't quite understand all of it but I do remember the won the national championship not too long ago and our players were like half the team.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
It is very low key, coaches can adjust the number of sets, etc., based on their wishes. Two sets to 25 only, unless coaches request a 3rd. For example, at last year's ISU tourney, Minny and ISU decided to play a 3rd after splitting the first two, but that was the only time that happened all day, IIRC.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Any of you volleyball folks heard any buzz about gals quiting the Minnesota squad? Heard today that maybe as many as four quit after the season. Any land or going to land at ISU we don't know about yet?

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Why are the results of this "tourney" so hard to find? Everything seems cryptic, like the reporting on Cyclones.com. Did all the coaches take an oath or something?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Why are the results of this "tourney" so hard to find? Everything seems cryptic, like the reporting on Cyclones.com. Did all the coaches take an oath or something?
I was thinking the same thing! What were the set scores?
What does it mean when cyclones.com says: "The Cyclones were good again in two-set matches against Omaha, Iowa, Minnesota and the Iowa Ice."

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009

Because the results are essentially meaningless. Even UNI didn't post anything for their own event. I imagine we swept UNO, and I did see them split with the Ice, who had Tenisha Matlock playing for them.