Dish - ESPN Family

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Just noticed that ESPNU and ESPNews are now in HD on Dish.

That will certainly make me happier when basketball season rolls around next year! Heck even football.

Last edited:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Did they used to be but they got bumped because of a dispute with Disney? I thought I remembered something about that.

Did Disney channel get upgraded back to HD as well? I tell you what, watching Phineas and Ferb in standard def DID NOT FLY with my kids, part of the reason we switched to Direct. ;-)

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Did they used to be but they got bumped because of a dispute with Disney? I thought I remembered something about that.

Did Disney channel get upgraded back to HD as well? I tell you what, watching Phineas and Ferb in standard def DID NOT FLY with my kids, part of the reason we switched to Direct. ;-)

Actually yes.. DisneyEast is now HD. Time to record some new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for the boys!

Double win for my family!

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Lots of good stuff coming to Dish customers through new ESPN deal -- including WatchESPN app.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...undbreaking-long-term-wide-ranging-agreement/

"Additionally, for the first time, DISH customers will be able to access Disney’s authenticated live and video-on-demand products, including WatchESPN, WATCH Disney, WATCH ABC Family and WATCH ABC using Internet devices in the home and on the go."
So all of their customers will get a password for watch ESPN I'm assuming or how will that work?

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
So all of their customers will get a password for watch ESPN I'm assuming or how will that work?

It will be based off your DISH account info. You sign in with your DISH account and that verifies your provider carries WatchESPN.