Canadian Maple Leaf t-shirt???

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
During the UNC game, there was somebody in the front rows wearing a cyclone color'd t-shirt with what looked like the Canadian maple leaf on the front. Is anybody familiar with this tshirt and where can I get it.
Go State!!

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
During the UNC game, there was somebody in the front rows wearing a cyclone color'd t-shirt with what looked like the Canadian maple leaf on the front. Is anybody familiar with this tshirt and where can I get it.
Go State!!

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HmgHOPAXjk8#t=12

Also, you probably won't find it anywhere "official", as making merchandise w/ student-athletes' names or likeness is considered to be against NCAA rules.

Last edited:

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
i believe that was his mom wearing it.

edit - those grey warmups niang was wearing are pretty badass too.

OK so I'm not the only one who noticed that. Those Jordan brand ISU warm-ups are not the ones they've been wearing all year right? Is that some kind of perk with making the tourney or was this just the first time I noticed them? Looked brand new.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Some guy was selling them out of his backpack on Welch about 2 weeks ago. Definitely not official shirts, but still awesome.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
OK so I'm not the only one who noticed that. Those Jordan brand ISU warm-ups are not the ones they've been wearing all year right? Is that some kind of perk with making the tourney or was this just the first time I noticed them? Looked brand new.

Same here. I noticed the Air Jordan symbol on the left chest...don't believe I remember seeing any other warm-ups with that. New warm-ups for the tourney? Anyone notice any other Nike school with the Air Jordan patch?

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Do the warmups mean they will have Jordan/Jumpman uniforms next year?

Another theory, maybe Nike gave them those warmups since they played N.Carolina and then both teams would be wearing Jordan logo for interviews, etc...

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Yes, both Melvin and Naz have the shirts and they both wore them in the early warm-up before switching to the Iowa State "Pride" shirts (Which are also awesome and you can get a short sleeved version at Cys Locker Room).

As far as the warm-ups go, they're new for the tourney. Last year they got two new warm-up suits for the tourney so I think it is just a perk of making the tourney.

Last edited:

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Yes, both Melvin and Naz have the shirts and they both wore them in the early warm-up before switching to the Iowa State "Pride" shirts (Which are also awesome and you can get a short sleeved version at Cys Locker Room).

As far as the warm-ups go, they're new for the tourney. Last year they got two new warm-up suits for the tourney so I think it is just a perk of making the tourney.

Edit: I did also read that Jordan is a brand of Nike.

Man, wish ISU could get these up on Cy's Locker Room.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
What if the name and number were removed, and just had yellow maple leaf on red shirt? I'd buy one of those!