TV tomorrow...

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Please tell me the championship game will be on ESPN. If the title game is blacked out I'm going to drive to KXFA in Cedar Rapids.

DollaDollaBill

Mar 2, 2010
CR
I got our game and Baylor-Texas on espnu in Cedar Rapids on direct tv but sounds like it was blacked out on espnu on mediacom. Kind of strange

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
They should lose their rights to the games if they continue to pull this stuff.

Funny you say that because the Baylor/Texas game is the last Big 12 Network game. Next year every conference game is on National TV (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS). Home non conference games are owned by the schools except games that are picked up nationally. Tournaments have their own contracts.

CyclOwnd

Dec 11, 2013
This year's caliber of big12, and the semifinals are on ESPNU, not to mention Cedar Rapids' big12 affiliate plays a replay of high school basketball in front of the games.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I got our game and Baylor-Texas on espnu in Cedar Rapids on direct tv but sounds like it was blacked out on espnu on mediacom. Kind of strange

WTF, seriously? How do you black out a game like that. With the TV contracts now adays, I'd think that would be a breach of contract. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I still think ESPN is ****** the Big12 is still around. And probably more ****** it's playing the best basketball in the country right now.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
WTF, seriously? How do you black out a game like that. With the TV contracts now adays, I'd think that would be a breach of contract. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I still think ESPN is ****** the Big12 is still around. And probably more ****** it's playing the best basketball in the country right now.

For everyone who has it blacked out on espnu, is it on a different channel, a local one perhaps?

In KC it's on 38 the spot (a local channel), and blacked out on ESPNU...

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
For everyone who has it blacked out on espnu, is it on a different channel, a local one perhaps?

In KC it's on 38 the spot (a local channel), and blacked out on ESPNU...

OK, lol, well, that's not really a "Black Out" then though, is it? Sorry, when I hear it's "Blacked Out" I assume it means it's not on TV.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
OK, lol, well, that's not really a "Black Out" then though, is it? Sorry, when I hear it's "Blacked Out" I assume it means it's not on TV.

The theory is that in Big 12 footprint, local tv has the rights and therefore ESPNU cannot show it. The problem is that some local stations (like Cedar Rapids) did not show it. Thankfully, this is the last year with that arrangement.