Bill Bleil new OC at Rhode Island

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011
Per football scoop: Sources tell us Iowa State tight ends coach Bill Bleil will be the new offensive coordinator at Rhode Island

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Good luck to him. Best wishes.

Maybe now the OC spot is a little more attractive to a candidate that wants to bring some of his own staff with him, as we have two additional openings.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Good luck to him. Best wishes.

Maybe now the OC spot is a little more attractive to a candidate that wants to bring some of his own staff with him, as we have two additional openings.

I have a feeling we will be hearing pretty soon that the OC is hired and bringing his own guys. The only other thing I could see is them moving Day to RB coach. I don't see Rhoads deciding on those other two positions.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This makes me wonder if Bleil asked CPR if he could be the OC here and CPR told him no so he looked somewhere else.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This makes me wonder if Bleil asked CPR if he could be the OC here and CPR told him no so he looked somewhere else.

I highly doubt that. I know Rhoads thinks highly of him but I think it would have gone "Hey, maybe I could be the new OC?" and "Absolutely not."

cycloneSOULja

Feb 16, 2011
It's clear Bleil interviewed around for HC and OC jobs. Not a shock, just confirming what others assumed.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Really happy all around here. Bleil is a wonderful guy. Very pleased that Coach Bleil was able to land a good job, and I'm also very pleased that our new OC will be able to hire someone who he knows well and fits with his vision for the offense. It's a double-win in my book.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
More like Rhoads told him he was going to be out, but didn't announce it with Mess and Pope to give him time to find a new job.

I think CW has been saying this for the last few weeks as well. To be honest I'm not sure why CPR allowed Bleil the opportunity to interview elsewhere without being fired, but not Pope. Perhaps he offered the chance to both of them and only one accepted.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron