***OFFICIAL: IOWA STATE @ WEST VIRGINIA GAME(DAY) THREAD***

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
237.gif

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
That was the gutsiest comeback I've seen. Rohach was clutch, he did not make one bad throw in the whole second half. Defense stepped up big time when it needed to. Great win!

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Screw all of you quitters! This team had every reason to lay down and give up. And they didn't. Unlike some of you *******!
Amen to this. I wanted so badly for the seniors to go out with a win for themselves and the fans that care. Not a couple on this board that are just sickening with their posts. "I was watching another game but came here just to check it out", what kind of fan posts that kind of comment? Some of you ought to be ashamed.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Can we please leave Mess alone for a day? He came through today. Let's enjoy the win.
He deserves no mercy. Fire his sorry *** after the trip home. No shuffle to another position, out of a job is the only acceptable option.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
He deserves no mercy. Fire his sorry *** after the trip home. No shuffle to another position, out of a job is the only acceptable option.

Yeah, "Not totally ******* up against the worst two teams on the schedule" doesn't exactly change anything there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Way to stick with it after an awful start. Still...I want to see a change at the o coordinator position. Way to go boys! Made us proud.

I want Mess gone too, but I'm fearful that our defense will be the issue next year. That's why Rhoads is trying to sign about 4 or 5 JUCO's all on the defensive side between now and Signing Day.

If Rohach can play like he did in the 2nd half tonight all season long next year, the offense could actually be dangerous.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Rohach gets the game ball. Fire Mess, NOW!

Mess gets no sympathy. His first 5 drives were horribly, no HORRIBLY called.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Rohach gets the game ball. Fire Mess, NOW!

Mess gets no sympathy. His first 5 drives were horribly, no HORRIBLY called.

Agree. Mess always calls a decent game when we're down by 3 TD's. Up until then, he's ultra conservative. Usually it kills us, but tonight we found a way to come back.

Mess did the same thing against Iowa. Only when we're WAY down and our backs are against the wall does he start being more aggressive and trying to score.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Hi, my name is SaraV....("Hi, SaraV.") And I switched off the game early in the second half. I will now hang my head in shame.

:sad:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Agree. Mess always calls a decent game when we're down by 3 TD's. Up until then, he's ultra conservative. Usually it kills us, but tonight we found a way to come back.

Mess did the same thing against Iowa. Only when we're WAY down and our backs are against the wall does he start being more aggressive and trying to score.

I'm starting to worry that the conservative play calling is coming from Rhoads and not Mess honestly. I was complaining about us never throwing across the middle, when Rohach threw that INT across the middle, and it was face palm time.