***OFFICIAL: IOWA STATE @ WEST VIRGINIA GAME(DAY) THREAD***

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Rohach gets the game ball. Fire Mess, NOW!

Mess gets no sympathy. His first 5 drives were horribly, no HORRIBLY called.

Sigh. Revisionist history, yet again. Or, are you saying that Grant's off-target throws, interception, and the fumble were called by Messingham?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm starting to worry that the conservative play calling is coming from Rhoads and not Mess honestly. I was complaining about us never throwing across the middle, when Rohach threw that INT across the middle, and it was face palm time.

Ah...I get it. Mr. !2 Posts is a troll. Sorry for mixing you up there with a regular poster...

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sigh. Revisionist history, yet again. Or, are you saying that Grant's off-target throws, interception, and the fumble were called by Messingham?

No, I'm saying zone read, screen, zone read for 3 consecutive 3 and outs is the problem. Grant's fault on the INT.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Hi SaraV,

I went out for dinner before half in disgust. Shat myself when I returned late in the 4th and turned the radio back on.

I wondered why I was still bothering to watch this train wreck. I left to pick up dinner during halftime. On the way back home, we were driving again. Like every time in the 3rd, we couldn't get the points, but they kept fueling the addiction, so I kept watching.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

It was a great win but keep it in perspective.

WVU is a horrible 4-win team and we had to come back from a 24 point deficit to beat them.

Mess sucks and we need a new coordinator.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Turnovers were not Mess' fault in all fairness, but we punted the ball 4 out 5 first drives. The single time we didn't punt was the INT. Mess was horrible until his back was against the wall. We need aggression from play one, not to be scraping for a win every game.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Great comeback ( just had to chime in late).

In the 2nd OT, we ran the ball 7-times to the left side and once up the middle. The 3rd OT we blew up the W Va D by mixing it up. In the 2nd half heard the announcer say "great call by Messingham"......

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
I could not believe the posters that said players were giving up in the first half. The players always play hard for ISU in CPRs program. This game demonstrates that constant. Please think twice before ever posting bull like that again.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I could not believe the posters that said players were giving up in the first half. The players always play hard for ISU in CPRs program. This game demonstrates that constant. Please think twice before ever posting bull like that again.
I'll own up and say I posted one of those. Because it was true. There were a few players you could tell that just didn't want to be there.

Also, I wouldn't deal in absolutes like "always" because there is a game every year in CPR's tenure you could point to and say the team gave up. Hell, there were a couple this year including one where CPR basically called it going into halftime.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Players and coaches get a big pat on the back for not quoting and winning the game tonight.

Like that the offense came out of its shell, MHO is that Mess deserves to be shown the door. It will be interesting to see what is done. What they did today was great and took all the coaches and players pulling the same direction, but it doesn't make up for a season where the offense regressed yet again this year. One day doesn't change that fact. Also I think it proves that when put in the right situations ISU has the talent to play avg offense, which it hasn't done but a couple of days in the last two years.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
I just found out we won. I assumed we lost.

Good for the seniors and hopefully Mess that they got to go out with a win.

Awfully disappointing season overall. We got destroyed by every team we played with a pulse.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I just found out we won. I assumed we lost.

Good for the seniors and hopefully Mess that they got to go out with a win.

Awfully disappointing season overall. We got destroyed by every team we played with a pulse.

We had a ton of injuries all year and had inexperienced players out there way too much. That said, we lost 5 games by 7 points or less. Try not to feel too bad tonight. We won!

Help Support Us

Become a patron