Question for negative posters

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
Are you just blowing off steam? Dreading going to work on Monday and facing Hawkeye/other co-workers - that sort of thing? Trying to convince other CyFanatics that things are worse than they seem?

Maybe I'm just not passionate enough, or maybe I'm just getting old, or it's that I believe in moral victories, but I mostly just feel for the players and others associated with the program.

I didn't see the whole game today (family stuff) but I saw quite a bit of it.

I was proud of the players and fans. And the score doesn't change that a bit.

Go Cyclones!

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Not only negative posters. Immature hypocritical posters. The same ones that were drooling on themselves about Rhoads in August, now want him fired. Your best bet is to ignore them. I just hope they don't do the same thing with Hoiberg if we have a down year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Not only negative posters. Immature hypocritical posters. The same ones that were drooling on themselves about Rhoads in August, now want him fired. Your best bet is to ignore them. I just hope they don't do the same thing with Hoiberg if we have a down year.

Hoiberg will win 23 times versus one win

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Mathematically, the real comparison would be single digits wins for Fred. You bet there would be questions and negativity, and they'd be well deserved.

I get that building a program takes time, but you don't bottom out like this in year 5. The criticism is well deserved.

tulsacyfan

Aug 31, 2007
Are you just blowing off steam? Dreading going to work on Monday and facing Hawkeye/other co-workers - that sort of thing? Trying to convince other CyFanatics that things are worse than they seem?

Maybe I'm just not passionate enough, or maybe I'm just getting old, or it's that I believe in moral victories, but I mostly just feel for the players and others associated with the program.

Go Cyclones!

Agree 100%.

Proud of the effort today and this team fought hard and did not show an ounce of quit. Tired of reading misguided rants about firing coaches.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Mathematically, the real comparison would be single digits wins for Fred. You bet there would be questions and negativity, and they'd be well deserved.

I get that building a program takes time, but you don't bottom out like this in year 5. The criticism is well deserved.

This. Fred making the NIT would still be better than this football season.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I'd posted this during a previous meltdown, but it's worth repeating, I suppose. The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference. The opposite of love is apathy. As long as people are screaming and ranting, while misdirected, it shows they still care.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think it's silly for fans to want CPR fired at this point and the majority don't, but if there aren't some major changes to our offensive game it's quite likely the majority of our fans may turn on him. The offense was not as young as the D and didn't lose as much. It's worst-in-fbs caliber and players don't show improvement, baffling calls happen regularly. It's not the kind of thing that's going to be fixed just by players gaining more experience, it's broken.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

It is deserved. I don't get why when we do bottom out some years we ******* fall off the face of the earth.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I think it's silly for fans to want CPR fired at this point and the majority don't, but if there aren't some major changes to our offensive game it's quite likely the majority of our fans may turn on him. The offense was not as young as the D and didn't lose as much. It's worst-in-fbs caliber and players don't show improvement, baffling calls happen regularly. It's not the kind of thing that's going to be fixed just by players gaining more experience, it's broken.

If there isn't considerable progress made next year it will most likely be his last. I think they're is a solid foundation talent and a bowl game next year is my expectation.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Would they? Would they, if, say, not only Ejim was injured, but say, Niang and Kane as well? If the team was struggling because of injuries, people would still be attacking Fred anyway. Nitpicking on the things they touched upon last year furing "meltdowns. Thinks like:

"If only Fred's team's would play better defense!"

"If Niang was in better shape, he wouldn't get so many fouls!"

"That Morris kid is too skinny! Fred should have redshirted him!"

"If Dorsey-Walker hadn't redshirted last year, he'd have more game experience!"

"Percy is awful! Fred blew it, letting that other guy get away to Oregon!"

(*all purely speculative points)

...and it would go on and on and on...

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I'd posted this during a previous meltdown, but it's worth repeating, I suppose. The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference. The opposite of love is apathy. As long as people are screaming and ranting, while misdirected, it shows they still care.

I agree with you re: Apathy...If this fanbase stops a ******** and Apathy sets in, JTS will resemble Amon Carter at TCU.

15,000 hardy fans aren't getting it done...Go Cyclones Beat the Sooners...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Would they? Would they, if, say, not only Ejim was injured, but say, Niang and Kane as well? If the team was struggling because of injuries, people would still be attacking Fred anyway. Nitpicking on the things they touched upon last year furing "meltdowns. Thinks like:

"If only Fred's team's would play better defense!"

"If Niang was in better shape, he wouldn't get so many fouls!"

"That Morris kid is too skinny! Fred should have redshirted him!"

"If Dorsey-Walker hadn't redshirted last year, he'd have more game experience!"

"Percy is awful! Fred blew it, letting that other guy get away to Oregon!"

(*all purely speculative points)

...and it would go on and on and on...

The football team was failing before the injuries occurred. They're a convenient excuse, but not a valid reason for the overall failure.

If the basketball facility was hit by a laser-guided bomb while 8 guys were practicing and 5 were off studying, we'd all shrug it off, or if the same thing happened in an RPG accident, or something like that. If we turned into a single-digit win team just because of one injury, then Fred would have failed.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Criticism is necessary to advance the program. However, it needs to be balanced with rational and common sense. Moderation is the key. I can't think a better place and group of people exercise it. Fans on the internet.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
Opinions are bad?

Go Cyclones!

Help Support Us

Become a patron