A question to any Baylor fans checking in on us

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Why did your players pull out the Gatorade bath for winning a game in which you were a 30+ point favorite? That just seemed odd.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
First, it was AllSport (who the hell drinks AllSport)....

Second, I laughed so hard when I saw them getting the jug ready....

RebelT

Oct 9, 2008
Bowl eligibility.

Briles is huge on having something to play for every game. Against KSU, it was revenge for 2011 in Manhattan. WVU, it was revenge for 2012 in Morgantown. For you guys, it was two-fold---revenge for last year, and bowl eligibility. Against KU, it will be making up for that disaster of a performance in Lawrence in 2011 in what Briles calls "The greatest game no one saw."

People forget that as recently as 3 seasons ago, this was a huge deal for us.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
Probably for the same reason ISU fans would try and tear down the goal posts after EVERY win when I was in school. It was something funny to do.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
all-sport was great in the 90s

Also, Baylor is likely to be 12-0. I'd be celebrating a lot this season too. Embrace that sheet.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Bowl eligibility.

Briles is huge on having something to play for every game. Against KSU, it was revenge for 2011 in Manhattan. WVU, it was revenge for 2012 in Morgantown. For you guys, it was two-fold---revenge for last year, and bowl eligibility. Against KU, it will be making up for that disaster of a performance in Lawrence in 2011 in what Briles calls "The greatest game no one saw."

People forget that as recently as 3 seasons ago, this was a huge deal for us.
It will still be huge for you for years to come once briles jumps ship after this season. This is baylors high water mark. Enjoy it while it lasts. You'll be us again soon.

Sincerely,

Bitter and jelly

RebelT

Oct 9, 2008
It will still be huge for you for years to come once briles jumps ship after this season. This is baylors high water mark. Enjoy it while it lasts. You'll be us again soon.

Sincerely,

Bitter and jelly

I love how this is everyones standard line, yet nobody can tell me WHY Briles would leave Baylor.

1.) He's getting the newest, best stadium in the Big 12, right on I-35 where millions of people are going to see it every year.
2.) He's in the top 3 in pay in the Big 12 already.
3.) At Baylor, he's already a legend, and he has a lifetime contract. He will be able to dictate that his son takes the reigns after he retires. He can't do that at Texas.
4.) As the thread about our senior starters shows, he's now reloading each year, not rebuilding. He's just started to get high-level talents (see: Robbie Rhodes, KD Cannon, etc), so he's got plenty of talent in the pipeline. Our backup quarterback (a RS-FR) has the 2nd-highest QB rating in the Big 12 --- behind our starter.

He's not going anywhere, but I love everyone wish ill upon us.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I love how this is everyones standard line, yet nobody can tell me WHY Briles would leave Baylor.

1.) He's getting the newest, best stadium in the Big 12, right on I-35 where millions of people are going to see it every year.
3.) At Baylor, he's already a legend, and he has a lifetime contract. He will be able to dictate that his son takes the reigns after he retires. He can't do that at Texas.
4.) As the thread about our senior starters shows, he's now reloading each year, not rebuilding. He's just started to get high-level talents (see: Robbie Rhodes, KD Cannon, etc), so he's got plenty of talent in the pipeline. Our backup quarterback (a RS-FR) has the 2nd-highest QB rating in the Big 12 --- behind our starter.

we are jealous because we were the same 5 years ago - turrible. we're just ****** that you got good and we got... well... stayed the same.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Lets not get carried away pal.

Sammy11

Jun 11, 2010
DFW
They kept saying their goal was "six after six", aka bowl eligible after six games. I'd bet that is it.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
They also won a conference game 71-7.

71-7.

I think I would have given myself the Gatorade bath had I been the coach.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Sorry, they gave their coach a gatorade bath after that W?? Serious? You beat the current winless doormat team of the Big 12 and you douse your coach? That's pathetic.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
You've obviously not been paying attention if you believe this to be anything other than completely true.

I don't think a stadium with a capacity of 45,000 can be the best in a BCS conference. Looks good and will be very nice though. Just small-time.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

You can't pay him 6+ million that some desperate team will. Plus your still Baylor. Probably the most impressive start to a season ever and no one cares.

Reactions: JusHappy2BeHere

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You've obviously not been paying attention if you believe this to be anything other than completely true.

It will not be the best stadium in the Big 12, and it wont even be close. Its really not even worth arguing.