Just Remember...

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
Guys - Remember, this is supposed to be a rebuilding year. We lost to UNI. It sucks, I get it. I hate it too. But remember, this was not supposed to be our year. All of you saying we should fire Rhoads are off your rockers. I understand he hasn't exactly made us an unbeatable team, but he's made us relevant and gives us hope for every game. I just want you all to remember what we have coming next year. Some pretty amazing talent on offense. This may not be our year (maybe it still will be, I don't know), but it was never supposed to be. We're playing for the future now and that's what you should all be excited for!

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I'd be a lot more excited about playing for the future if we didn't risk our starting QB by having him play as a direct snap running back.

ChE2010

Mar 3, 2013
Exactly, we all knew this was going to be a year with growing pains. Yes, losing to UNI sucks, but as history would indicate, CPR teams have always bounced back well from tough losses. This team will get better throughout the season as they gain experience. Everybody just needs to be patient.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I dont give a **** if its a rebuilding year, ISU should not lose to UNI, period.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Anyone calling for Rhoads to be fired at this point is just a hawkeye troll. They may as well be calling for ISU to permanently dismantle the football program, because that is the effect that firing Rhoads for this game, or even for this year, no matter how bad it turns out, would be.

If Rhoads gets fired anytime in the next 5 years without several seasons of fewer than 3 wins, I'll have to reconsider being a Cyclone fan.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
And Nadal should not lose in the first round at Wimbledon. Period. Off with his head!!

I'm not calling for anyones head. Im just stating a fact. As an ISU fan, I should be able to expect that ISU beats UNI in JTS every time they play.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I'm "All in" on CPR. Like I've said on here a couple of times during my meltdown rants... either Cyclone TV doesn't capture the moments like network TV can, or CPR seems to be asleep on the sidelines. Is he sick or something? Where is the passion? Where is the fire that we lost and we're coming back strong? Stoic is the only word I have to describe it.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
Going 2-0 over the next couple of games would repair a lot of the damage inflicted from last night's atrocity IMO. I saw a lack of preparation, lack of intensity and a lack of consistency from both the coaching staff and players alike. All fixable problems. CPR is a smart guy and I'm sure he realizes that a whole community feels let down. I would wager that we won't see another effort, or lack thereof, like last night's for the remainder of this season. I'm as competitive as anyone I know. I HATE to lose. However, I can handle it provided that whoever it is I'm rooting for plays balls out and leaves it all out there on the field. My expectations were not high for this team in terms of record but I would like to see this young group grow and make strides that they can take into next year. Just my two cents worth.

ClivePurple

Jan 9, 2010
"We should never lose to UNI" is not a "fact." It's a very subjective opinion. Unexpected, hurtin' losses happen. Now that is a fact.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Please, can we stop using the word "rebuilding" when referring to this year? We were 6-7 last year, not 9-4 or 10-3. It's embarrassing losing to a team like UNI in our own backyard, but saying we are rebuilding after a 6-7 season is even more embarrassing.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
Please, can we stop using the word "rebuilding" when referring to this year? We were 6-7 last year, not 9-4 or 10-3. It's embarrassing losing to a team like UNI in our own backyard, but saying we are rebuilding after a 6-7 season is even more embarrassing.

This

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
True, if you are "rebuilding" after a losing season what does that say about the program?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'm not calling for anyones head. Im just stating a fact. As an ISU fan, I should be able to expect that ISU beats UNI in JTS every time they play.

Hell, I'll even give a game to UNI once every 10 or so, but losing twice in three tries is pretty pathetic. For the record, Rhoads should not, can not and will not be fired, but as Cyclones fans we should definitely not have to worry about beating UNI at JTS, ever, except for Flukes. Rebuilding, whatever you want to call it is an excuse to lose to other FBS teams that weren't very good. It's not an excuse for getting manhandled by even a great FCS team.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
"We should never lose to UNI" is not a "fact." It's a very subjective opinion. Unexpected, hurtin' losses happen. Now that is a fact.

Ok maybe not fact, but the opinion is far from subjective. ISU has a deeper more overall talented team, has the better coaches, and definitely has the better resources. Those are all facts. That should equal a win each time they play, and as fans, we should expect that much.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You obviously haven't been reading all of the recent meltdown threads.

LINK?

I don't recall one post saying they wanted Rhoads replaced. I recall a lot of posts saying that Rhoads isn't meeting expectations one would normally have out of a 5th year coach, and questioning why he would continue to keep an offensive coordinator around that doesn't know how to consistently call plays. Those are two completely different things.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
LINK?

I don't recall one post saying they wanted Rhoads replaced. I recall a lot of posts saying that Rhoads isn't meeting expectations one would normally have out of a 5th year coach, and questioning why he would continue to keep an offensive coordinator around that doesn't know how to consistently call plays. Those are two completely different things.

That small statement wasn't meant to be the focal point of this post, but I'd say a few posters in this tread are calling for Rhoads' head. http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/175179-what-happens-when-you-strive-mediocracy.html

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron