Wow this board is amazing

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
A lot of poeple have been ******** that this team shows no effort, no emotion and no essence of teamwork. Now the same ones are ******** about losing in OT in a gym that the home team hasn't lost a conference opener since 1991, has won 99 out of last 100 games in said gym and currently 30 in a row. They have more Big 12 titles than home losses under Bill Self. They played their collective assses off and the coach (reigning Big 12 Co-coach of the year I might add) just drew up a pretty good gameplan on how to beat KU for us and the rest of the league. But yet some of you *****, some of act like you know more about coaching basketball than Coach Hoiberg (he has forgotten more about the game than most of you know). And yet some of constantly *****. Get a life will you people, Jesus.

Reactions: Doc and Luth4Cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Could not have said it better. Phenomenal game today, wish we got the W but I won't lose sleep on this.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
This team is going to be better than last years team. I can't wait to go along for the ride!

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
A lot of poeple have been ******** that this team shows no effort, no emotion and no essence of teamwork. Now the same ones are ******** about losing in OT in a gym that the home team hasn't lost a conference opener since 1991, has won 99 out of last 100 games in said gym and currently 30 in a row. They have more Big 12 titles than home losses under Bill Self. They played their collective assses off and the coach (reigning Big 12 Co-coach of the year I might add) just drew up a pretty good gameplan on how to beat KU for us and the rest of the league. But yet some of you *****, some of act like you know more about coaching basketball than Coach Hoiberg (he has forgotten more about the game than most of you know). And yet some of constantly *****. Get a life will you people, Jesus.

You just nailed that.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
And their leader is clonedude. He's the most pessimistic "fan" I've ever seen for any team.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
There got that off my chest, believe me I'm dissappointed but isn't in the players, coaches or the program. We let one get away but time to get back on the horse and get to 5-1 in league play to start. It is very doable.

B.L.

Nov 28, 2006
Agreed be happy they came together as a team at this time , its going to be fun!!

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I also thought other than the no foul at the end that Fred's gameplan was incredible!

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
i was a referee in a 6th grade girls basketball game once, so i think it goes without saying that i am more than qualified to criticize fred as much as i please (though to my knowledge, i never have).

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Well put CycloneVet.
I'm disappointed that we lost such a such a great opportunity but encouraged by the phenomenal efforts of the team/staff.
If we could get something out of the post offensively and defensively from Percy or Booker this team could take another step forward.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a huge fan of this team before. I thought they didn't play well together as a team. After tonight I can say otherwise. I was sitting with some KU fans during the game and at the end they asked if I was ******. I told them that I was sad, but not mad. We played a hell of a game in such a hard place to win. I would have never thought we would have brought KU to OT in the Phog. Great effort by our team and I support Fred with the no foul call at the end. That was an amazing shot by McLemore that needed help by a bank off the back board.... I ended with, "We'll be waiting for you in Ames for Big Monday.... It was hard to win in the Phog, just wait til you enjoy soe Hilton Magic."

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Still lost. Still lost to a mediocre Iowa team. This team reminds me of the team that puts in the time to beat the so so team but when it gets to the good teams it will put in just enough effort to show that they can play with them but will still in way to say boy we played them tough but only if it was at home or only if we played some defense at the end, or only if we didn't make some free throws.

This game they should have won and nothing is going to change that. I hope every player goes home and realizes what a lost opportunity thus was and doesn't think about, gosh golly how close that they came to winning.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Still lost. Still lost to a mediocre Iowa team. This team reminds me of the team that puts in the time to beat the so so team but when it gets to the good teams it will put in just enough effort to show that they can play with them but will still in way to say boy we played them tough but only if it was at home or only if we played some defense at the end, or only if we didn't make some free throws.

This game they should have won and nothing is going to change that. I hope every player goes home and realizes what a lost opportunity thus was and doesn't think about, gosh golly how close that they came to winning.
Think I would rather have the players thinking how close they were. Gives them the confidence that they can do this. Better than hanging their heads and crying about a loss.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

yeah great post. Improvement is not always linear and gradual, sometimes there are big leaps, and that is what we saw tonight. Sucks to lose, but on the road, that stuff is going to happen. Sometimes in basketball a guy gets lucky and banks in a 3 to win. It happens. You gotta beat KU by 20 to win by 2 down there, that is the deal whether we like it or not, and our guys were not quite good enough. Sucks but that is how it works.

Freddy has made some pretty obvious personnell, defensive and offensive adjustments with this extra time off. Pretty interesting really, love how the dude coaches. Really puts guys in the best position to be successful.

Really exciting that he has gotten it out of them finally, and they can build off this and fix some of the little stuff that cost them tonight.

Good college basketball game, just on the wrong end.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Clonevet: I completely get what you're saying from a reaction standpoint. However....there's some things you're not considering...

1: This is a free board where any numb nutz can get a login ID and keep it as long as they're not jackarses (reference cyber), but that doesn't mean their posts mean as much as someone who knows what they're talking about, despite the fact that they are given the same forum.

2: It has recently become acceptable, on the internetz, to freak the f*** out whenever you feel like it because it's anonymous, and it gets reaction....

Therein lies the key point, it gets a reaction. The reaction in a small way legitimizes the freakout-er.

Look at my post history, I'm a smart arse. I am not the most knowledgeable about sports, nor do I claim to be. Generally, I'm making a smarmy comment. In bad times, it's gallows humor, in good times it's 'don't get too high on yourself' humor.

I hate to reference some poetry here, but...Rudyard Kipling's "IF"

Poetry - Rudyard Kipling - If - If you can keep your head when all about you

the first stanza...If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you,If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too

then read the whole thing...what it's saying is that if you can avoid being one of the freak the f*** out folks, you're becoming a man.

Although it's easy to take the bait when people are having their spasms, generally the best course of action is to ignore it when it's not that big a deal, or to flat out make fun of them when it's over the top.

Help Support Us

Become a patron