Great Season Cyclones!!

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
Thought we needed a positive thread on here. This team absolutely played their ***** off today. 2 Big plays went WVU way, and that was the game.

It has been a great season. Paul Rhoads continues to be great. Thanks Seniors, I can't remember a better senior class I liked watching more.

I have some concerns for next year, but will save those for another thread.

Lets get a win in the bowl game!!!!

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
I think your definition of great and my definition of great are vastly different.

I see this season as a season of missed opportunities.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I think your definition of great and my definition of great are vastly different.

I see this season as a season of missed opportunities.

Yeah I wouldn't use the word "Great" either. Possibly "Good"

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Lots of missed opportunities, but I think given that we hit the bottom with 6 wins so I hope that's the worst we can expect going forward and will take some of those opportunities to move on up.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
We were okay this season. I had my expectations set at 7 wins.

It seemed like the D carried the team most of the year...then Knott gets injured and they can't do it any longer. It seems like a shame that Sam wasn't ready earlier - if he played like the last 2 games and was in all year....could have been a lot of fun.

Hope the younger guys step up next year. We may have an offence that can move the ball and may finally get above 6, 7, 8 wins?

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
West Virginia won fair and square and was the better team today. I am pleased with the season so far. Doesn't mean I enjoy an average record. But a win against Iowa, being bowl eligible, and seeing a bright future with Rhoads and our young guys is all good. Looking forward to the bowl game and I'll be there if in Texas.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Give us a full season of Sam and improvement of talent all around as CPR recruits continue to progress. Looking forward to the future of this football team.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
We were picked to compete with Kansas for the bottom with 3 wins. It was a great season. If it weren't for some of the fans that have a cloud following them around, like Halkeye fans, it would have been a lot more fun! **** some of you who question every loss like it was a failure! It was a great season! I'm saddened at the loss, and how we lost. But it's been a fun season. Go Cyclones! See you at the bowl!

Reactions: Rick

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
We have been competitive in every game this year except maybe UT. Rhoads continues to put us in position to win games. I know some of you expect to increase the win total each year. I guess I am more realistic. Being competitive week-in/week-out against the top of the conference is a big step. This team has been very enjoyable to watch. Without the injury bug this year, I think we get 7 or maybe 8 wins. But it is what it is, and these guys left it all on the field.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We still have yet to move up in the Big 12. We have won 3 games in the conference every year under Rhoads. I wish some people would stop being so satisfied with mediocrity. I'm not calling this a bad season by any means, but it has be far from a "great" one. Plenty of opportunities have been missed this year.

Last edited:

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
I think the big difference comes from a generation gap. The older fans are happy and content with 6 wins because they remember the really bad times.

The younger fans want to see us improve because all we have seen is us hover around 6 wins since the Dan Mac years.

Consistent success will breed higher expectations, and that is where ISU is as a program. The next step is breaking through that wall.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
This was NOT a great season. Enough with these low expectations surrounding the program. 6-6 just isn't cutting it. Why can't we want a winning record in the big 12? If this season was "great" for you......I don't even know what to say.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
honestly, we lost a couple of bad games this year, but we were in every one of them until late in the game. We went from knowing we were going to get beat by Texas, OU, Kstate, to actually thinking we had a shot to beat them. In the end, we played pretty well with everyone this year. Yeah, looking back it's a disappointment, but it would be tough for anyone on here, after the Pinstripe bowl, to justify that they really expected 7 wins from this team. It may not be the best bowl on the planet, but getting to a bowl gives the team an extra month of practice, that means a lot.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
The program is in a much better place, but that shouldn't be confused with a great season.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
It was not a great season, nor was it a good one. It was acceptable. Continue building.

Perfect summation. If the offensive development over the past four years could have matched the defensive development over the past four years, this would have been a 7-8 win team. Have to break out of the bottom third of the conference standings and the only way to do it is to start scoring some damn points. I believe our head coach is up to the challenge. We haven't been this close to relevance since the Earle Bruce era.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
The young Pre-College fans are very happy with 6 wins, because many were too young to experience the resurgence under D-Mac and really became clone fans during his last years and Chiz's tenure.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I was hoping for 7-5 going into the season, but told myself 6-6 would be fine given the extremely tough schedule.

After reading all the posts from the lame segment of the fanbase on here predicting a loss to KU two weeks ago, I am not going to complain that CPR and the boys got the job done and made it back to a bowl.

Going 1-4 in conference games at home is disappointing. Still lots of room for improvement in the program, but let's go have some fun in hopefully a warm place and get win #7!!!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Any season we go bowling is a good season. To say other wise is Hawk-like.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron