DENVER
Who would you rather have as your Qb (NFL):

Shane Falco
Johhny Moxon
Paul Blake
Paul Crewe
Willie Beemen
Joe Kane

Joe Kane has all the tools but is an alcholic, Paul Crewe was an All-Pro but jail isn't good to a man and he is old, and do you really want to give a multi-year deal to Willie Beeman?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
You're kidding.

Does Footsteps Falco continue getting scouting reports from his cheerleader? His play will be severely diminished without it.

see I don't think Falco would be a nice backup, but dont ask him to win a playoff game. I might go Joe Kane and hope the off the field stuff doesn't effect his play on the field. Think Dan Marino maybe.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I'll take Steamin Willie Beeman! I know he's not with the Sharks anymore but if he is good enough for Coach D he is good enough for me!

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
I'll take Steamin Willie Beeman! I know he's not with the Sharks anymore but if he is good enough for Coach D he is good enough for me!

Perhaps he is the choice, but man he has played 6 good games. I think this might be a little Scott Mitchell attached to it.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
In the salary cap era, and especially in a small market, I think you've got to go Falco. He's proven he can win, and may even play better, with a budget supporting cast.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
In the salary cap era, and especially in a small market, I think you've got to go Falco. He's proven he can win, and may even play better, with a budget supporting cast.

Yep this is an argument that works, and thats the problem with say Crewe or Kane, you can't afford to mess up. Falco is safe and Paul Blake could maybe win some games with a good D and solid running game. But it might depend on the owner/gm/head coach combo. Do they want a flashy guy that might make some errors (Beemen, Kane) or do they go safe with maybe a thinking man like Moxon, or go straight "game manager" with Blake or Falco.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
i want Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass. Anyone have his rivals report on whether we recruit him or not? Some guys say he kissed a guy in a locker room once but if you look past that he has a ton of potential with a powerful arm and shifty on his feet. GET TO IT CPR!

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I feel like Alex Moran was just starting to realize his potential.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
i want Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass. Anyone have his rivals report on whether we recruit him or not? Some guys say he kissed a guy in a locker room once but if you look past that he has a ton of potential with a powerful arm and shifty on his feet. GET TO IT CPR!

Ronnie Bass was our number one choice, athletic in the pocket, makes all the throws, comes from a military family, but he is an actual person, so like Randal Floyd and Johnny Utah he had to be removed.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Yep this is an argument that works, and thats the problem with say Crewe or Kane, you can't afford to mess up. Falco is safe and Paul Blake could maybe win some games with a good D and solid running game. But it might depend on the owner/gm/head coach combo. Do they want a flashy guy that might make some errors (Beemen, Kane) or do they go safe with maybe a thinking man like Moxon, or go straight "game manager" with Blake or Falco.

I should have added the caveat that you have to bring in Gene Hackman to coach if you go with Falco.