Slight change in the upcoming week's pro-DM / anti-DM debate

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
The debate should change a little bit this week. The pro-Mac side will likely have to drop their argument (if they have even a modicum of self-respect) that something worse might happen if ISU hires a new coach.

Well, nothing worse can really happen. ISU is the worst team in the Big 12. ISU is already playing even with I-AA teams and lousy teams from the I-A "mid-major" conferences, so it can't get much worse on that front.

This is unacceptable. The ISU football program is spiraling downward. A coaching change is the only thing that can save it now...

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Anyone else feel like wearing paper sacks over your head the next home game?

I won't do it because of the players, but if we were a pro team I would

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
I have really tried to buy into Mac's hype, his spins and that we will get there; just can't do it any longer. I think Pollard really has to look now as to what it's going to take to keep people interested and upbeat about the football program.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
I guess I just feel that it has to be time to make the move. There is nothing happening in this program that could even be considered positive. By all rights we could and possibly should be winless. And yet we have radio guys telling us that this is the best game of the season.

I have begged people to have expectations of this program, and coaching staff. I think that it is pretty apparent that this regime has failed to live up to anything remotely close to an expectation this season, and many in the past.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I guess I just feel that it has to be time to make the move. There is nothing happening in this program that could even be considered positive. By all rights we could and possibly should be winless. And yet we have radio guys telling us that this is the best game of the season.

I have begged people to have expectations of this program, and coaching staff. I think that it is pretty apparent that this regime has failed to live up to anything remotely close to an expectation this season, and many in the past.

Darts, I have to give you props. This is the most genuinely thoughtful and respectful argument I've seen yet on this subject (no offense meant by that - I just mean that I really liked your post). Not really bashing anyone here (no matter what their opinions are), just stating your opinion. You're getting kudos from me, man. :biggrin9gp:

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
What hope is there in '07? IF Blythe comes back, will he ever get the ball? How much more beating can Meyer take? The O-line will be MUCH worse next season...

The D should grow up some, but as we've seen this year, they can't carry the O on their back all season.

Not sure how much of a difference a new staff will make next year, but if the right man is hired, at least there might be hope for the future (a la GMac and the future of MBB).

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Blythe is not going pro. He has not had anything that resembles an NFL type season.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
How can I get a refund on my CU vs ISU tix. They were $50 a pop for me and my wife. I really don't wan't to go now. $100 to see us lose it too much.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
What hope is there in '07? IF Blythe comes back, will he ever get the ball? How much more beating can Meyer take? The O-line will be MUCH worse next season...

The D should grow up some, but as we've seen this year, they can't carry the O on their back all season.

Not sure how much of a difference a new staff will make next year, but if the right man is hired, at least there might be hope for the future (a la GMac and the future of MBB).

Exactly. I was critical of the GM hire and I freely admit it. Nonetheless, his hiring has injected a lot of energy into the BB program and his recruiting of Craig Brackins et al gives us all hope for the future. Right now, there simply isn't a lot of hope with the current FB regime.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
How can I get a refund on my CU vs ISU tix. They were $50 a pop for me and my wife. I really don't wan't to go now. $100 to see us lose it too much.

How can I get a refund of my two season tickets for the remaining home games? I don't want to go to those two games, either.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Luckily I will be in Fort Walton FL for a wedding on the Mizzou game.

Anyone want my ticket?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
As much as I think people need to get to the games regardless to support our team, I also can't disagree with those people that are mailing their tickets to Jamie Pollard for either or both of the remaining games.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com

I hear ya CyinCO, but I decided not to buy tix until game day (scalping). Man, glad I didn't. The snow has been good so far, maybe head to the hills instead of watching CU and ISU battle for the big 12 potato cellar. Hate to paint a gloom pic of you getting to sell your tickets, but I'd be surprised if there are 30,000 fannies in the stands at Folsom that day.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
As much as I think people need to get to the games regardless to support our team, I also can't disagree with those people that are mailing their tickets to Jamie Pollard for either or both of the remaining games.

Maybe thats what I'll do with my Mizzou ticket! (unable to attend due to wedding in sunny Fort Walton Beach)

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

You're probably a nice guy, but I've got to call you out for the "180" you've done over the past month, culminated by this gem! You could at least be consistent in your support for the program.

Several of us were critical of the coaches and team play after the first three games. You chastised us in a "far less than complimentary" manner and told us to trust in Mac & JP. None of us ever said anything about skipping a game, ie - turning our backs on ISU. As a matter of fact, my family and I won't even consider skipping the KU and Mizzou games. No true fan would, and you should be ashamed of your comment!

I've never taken away from anybody's "rep points", and I'm not going to do it now, but you deserve it! :growl5cj:

LOL at Darts180 getting kudos from Angie the Mod. I've never thought Darts was a "bad guy", but lots of other people obviously did given his "rep points" of -200+! Here's to you, Darts180; you've been consistent all the way thru and now you're getting your due! Everybody join me in giving Darts some positive feedback so we can get him back on the plus side! :sweet:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
You're probably a nice guy, but I've got to call you out for the "180" you've done over the past month, culminated by this gem! You could at least be consistent in your support for the program.

Several of us were critical of the coaches and team play after the first three games. You chastised us in a "far less than complimentary" manner and told us to trust in Mac & JP. None of us ever said anything about skipping a game, ie - turning our backs on ISU. As a matter of fact, my family and I won't even consider skipping the KU and Mizzou games. No true fan would, and you should be ashamed of your comment!

I've never taken away from anybody's "rep points", and I'm not going to do it now, but you deserve it! :growl5cj:

LOL at Darts180 getting kudos from Angie the Mod. I've never thought Darts was a "bad guy", but lots of other people obviously did given his "rep points" of -200+! Here's to you, Darts180; you've been consistent all the way thru and now you're getting your due! Everybody join me in giving Darts some positive feedback so we can get him back on the plus side! :sweet:

You were right, I was wrong. My only beef with you early on was that it was early on. I guess I had hope that the patterns we saw early wouldn't stay and that we weren't being fair to the coaching staff for judging them on a few games (I was on your case after the UNLV game, only 2 games into the season). But your opinion was right. I'm eating big time crow. D-Mac and his staff have really messed up this year.

I dont know what else to say but you were right. Right you were.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Glad it made you laugh, iccyfan. :yes4lo: