KIRK has contacted Bill O'Brien

sodeen

Sep 7, 2011
Penn State gets good players. While I don't like the way some of these coaches are sitting outside their dorms, would you take the sort of recruit who could play DL or LB for a powerhouse like PSU? I sure as hell would!

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
......his kid living in our subsidized housing while he is bankrolling millions remains my favorite Capt Kirk move.

Yep . . but the retort from IC and their adoring fans (to include media) . . . "it was legal." Saint Kirk . . the amoral. I guess he could care less about the PROPRIETY of what he was doing . . . Ebenezer Scrooge.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Quite frankly I hope the PSU football program gets the same treatment and respect that Sandusky's victims get. None.

And If I thought my coach was not going after PSU players because of some "moral high ground" I woud be disappointed. I'm pay my coach to win within the NCAA rules. No coaches have broken rule in this case because there are none.

I do get a kick out of Urban Myers claiming he is "taking the high road and not going after PSU players" since schools currently under NCAA sanctions (like tOSU) are the only ones not eligible to recruite these players.

By the way. I worked the ISU tent at RAGBRAI in Mt Vernon this AM. It was "college day" and a lot of riders had school jerseys on. I did see one guy wearing a PSU bike jersey. Can't decide if he is proud, brave, or stupid.

Actually, OSU can recruit all they want. They just aren't going to get scholarship relief like all the schools that aren't on probation are.

Anyway, back to the OP. I don't see any problem with fielding calls from interested players. The whole point of these transfer rules is to give the players who want out of that mess a way to get out without being punished for it. They can't do that if everyone refuses to take them, out of some kind of respect that PSU doesn't deserve.

Actively recruiting these guys, I'm not a fan of. But talking with someone who calls you first? That's not a big deal at all.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Exactly. I'm sure he couldn't care less.

And to most Iowa tax payers making one hundreth of what he makes a year, this is an example of why he comes off as a jerk.

Most Iowans think KF's a jerk? Would love to see a source for that bit of intel.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Most Iowans think KF's a jerk? Would love to see a source for that bit of intel.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about his comment. With the exception of some posters on this site almost everyone I've talked to that's met Ferentz said he is a genuinely nice guy and very down to Earth. The fact that someone makes a lot of money does not automatically make them a jerk. Rhoads makes a lot of money so does that make him a jerk, too?

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Exactly. I'm sure he couldn't care less.

And to most Iowa tax payers making one hundreth of what he makes a year, this is an example of why he comes off as a jerk.

First off, you fail. Second off, why would you add Iowa tax payers into that? Oh yeah, because you fail.

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
I'm sure glad there are Hawk fans around to point out idiotic posts. You guys probably have a field day monitoring your own sites with all the "highly educated" black and gold toothless fairies typing about. Must be a full time job. I can't believe you have the time and energy to make it over here. Appreciate it brah. We owe you one for sure. Get depressed when you realize 75% of your fan base doesn't know who Kinnick Stadium was named after? Does it get old sifting through post after post of third grade educated Hawk posters trying to muster through a complete thought without misspelling a word over five letters long? Probably feels good to seem like the smart one every once in a while. Good for you. If we can provide that for you, I suppose it's worth my free subscription. Carry on. You give Cyclone fans hope that there are at least a couple sober, educated, non-inbred Hawk fans left. You are a rare breed. I'm rooting for you. Thanks for visiting and I cherish every time I see you lash out at somebody. It makes me smile.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
I'm sure glad there are Hawk fans around to point out idiotic posts. You guys probably have a field day monitoring your own sites with all the "highly educated" black and gold toothless fairies typing about. Must be a full time job. I can't believe you have the time and energy to make it over here. Appreciate it brah. We owe you one for sure. Get depressed when you realize 75% of your fan base doesn't know who Kinnick Stadium was named after? Does it get old sifting through post after post of third grade educated Hawk posters trying to muster through a complete thought without misspelling a word over five letters long? Probably feels good to seem like the smart one every once in a while. Good for you. If we can provide that for you, I suppose it's worth my free subscription. Carry on. You give Cyclone fans hope that there are at least a couple sober, educated, non-inbred Hawk fans left. You are a rare breed. I'm rooting for you. Thanks for visiting and I cherish every time I see you lash out at somebody. It makes me smile.

Paragraphs. Thay arrr phunnnn! Triii themmm!!

wsrgohawks

Sep 13, 2008
Rural Bremer County

Strong username to post ratio

Last edited:

breck53

Aug 29, 2008

I love it when the educated and moral high-ground cyclone fans peek out once and a while...........I'm so proud!!!!!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

"full-time" should be hyphenated.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Hold the **** on here...Did I really just see waverly cousin ******, and corky tell another living soul that they are "dumb."

Holy ****, this is like some sort of alternate universe stuff.

You really cannot ever think that you have seen the bottom of existence from these two, they will always manage to "top" themselves.

Another proud moment you two girls have subjected those of us in the thinking world too...

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
"full-time" should be hyphenated.

Grammer is important, but, look at who he was really talking too. They had to have it read to them by the librarian.

So what did you think about Lohaus's kid committing to UNI?