2014 Recruits

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
Any chance at any of them?

Vaughn would be the best bet, right? Based on his ranking at his position he will be 5 star recruit next year...

cobraclone71

Jan 3, 2011
SO MANY STARS! :jimlad:

Honestly, this is pretty exciting to see that the caliber of players we're recruiting continue to climb!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I know things can change but as it stands do we have 2 seniors schollies that year? Melvin and Bubu?

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006

I question the info regarding the offer to Jay Knuth. He may eventually get an ISU offer but I doubt he has one at this point. Anyone with good knowledge of Jay's situation with ISU at this time?

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I question the info regarding the offer to Jay Knuth. He may eventually get an ISU offer but I doubt he has one at this point. Anyone with good knowledge of Jay's situation with ISU at this time?

Can't say that I have good knowledge, but from my knowledge I do not know of an Iowa State offer for him at this time. If you want to see a complete list of all the 2014 recruits, both offered and confirmed interest: Recruit Lists » 2014 Recruit List

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Just something to say about Knuth:
I was at an Ankeny-Johnston game this year in Johnston. Fred was there, obviously watching Knuth. If that hadn't already been reported by someone, or if that means anything.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Yes, he has an ISU offer in hand. I have this information directly from a very close family member of his, his grandparents who are WONDERFULLY nice people and hard core Cyclones, so take it for what its worth. They were absolutely 100% certain of this, from their description, the kid is a Fred Hoiberg clone...as in replica. The kid is from a VERY devoted cyclone family...sister is on the ISU volleyball team, dad was a TE for ISU back in the day. He is smart enough to take his visits and look around to be sure of his allegiance, but he starts out with a strong favoritism for the Clones. It is also true that a certain North Carolina coach has been sniffing around, though...and that's always a danger...though no official offer has come from that direction...yet.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It would be nice to get a kid from Iowa on the team. Not as a token but a really good Iowa kid.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Just something to say about Knuth:
I was at an Ankeny-Johnston game this year in Johnston. Fred was there, obviously watching Knuth. If that hadn't already been reported by someone, or if that means anything.

I don't understand why Knuth's recruitment is so under the radar? He's got an offer from ISU...I know that. Seems like in the past a kid like this, this young with an ISU offer is almost a household name around these parts. I like the kids game and obviously so does Fred. I hadn't heard he's from such a ISU family...that is fantastic news!!

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I don't understand why Knuth's recruitment is so under the radar? He's got an offer from ISU...I know that. Seems like in the past a kid like this, this young with an ISU offer is almost a household name around these parts. I like the kids game and obviously so does Fred. I hadn't heard he's from such a ISU family...that is fantastic news!!

Des Moines suburb kids do not get widely recruited until their senior year. Ted Friedman and Peter Jok will take off this year, and Jay Knuth, will be the same.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
Des Moines suburb kids do not get widely recruited until their senior year. Ted Friedman and Peter Jok will take off this year, and Jay Knuth, will be the same.
Jok was a huge recruit until about this last year. From what I understand, he didn't continue to develop the way everyone was thinking he would and now he isn't nearly he can't miss he was supposed to be as a freshman and sophomore.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Jok was a huge recruit until about this last year. From what I understand, he didn't continue to develop the way everyone was thinking he would and now he isn't nearly he can't miss he was supposed to be as a freshman and sophomore.

He hurt his knee. That was the major issue.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron