Royce and flying

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
I think Royce's issues with flying could have a significant impact on his draft stock this year? Am I just reaching for ways to convince myself that he will be back next year?

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I think Royce's issues with flying could have a significant impact on his draft stock this year? Am I just reaching for ways to convince myself that he will be back next year?

I agree that it is an issue but a major one I don't know....maybe CW can ask Fred?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
May not hurt his stock but it is an issue he will have to overcome and deal with before deciding on the NBA. I hadn't thought about it but my mom said the same thing at the end of the game. If he can't fly how is he going to deal with it flying potentially 3-4 times a week.

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
Not sure if it will have an effect on his draft stock but may be a bigger factor in him deciding whether to stay or go. If he thinks it's a huge deal then he may stay and get closer to competing his degree since the nightly flights NBA teams take could take a huge toll on him physically.

Also, as stated in another thread this years draft is loaded due to everybody staying last year to avoid the lock out. I think he would benefit in many ways from staying one more year.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This and his free throw shooting will have an affect, that's for sure. Just not sure it will be enough to keep him around. He looked like an NBA player out there tonight.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
This and his free throw shooting will have an affect, that's for sure. Just not sure it will be enough to keep him around. He looked like an NBA player out there tonight.

not being able to shoot free throws isn't a big deal. there are plenty of NBA players who can't make free throws and get PT

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Not sure if it will have an effect on his draft stock but may be a bigger factor in him deciding whether to stay or go. If he thinks it's a huge deal then he may stay and get closer to competing his degree since the nightly flights NBA teams take could take a huge toll on him physically.

Also, as stated in another thread this years draft is loaded due to everybody staying last year to avoid the lock out. I think he would benefit in many ways from staying one more year.

I'll start by saying, I think he will and should stay another year.

But he has flew plenty of times with this team. Him being around teammates and friends calms him down. I'm sure the magnitude of the situation had some affect. He will be fine unless he is traded around all the time and can't get accoustomed to teammates.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
not being able to shoot free throws isn't a big deal. there are plenty of NBA players who can't make free throws and get PT

Not really at his position of being a play maker though. There are a lot more fouls to give in the NBA. If you play hakaroyce, it negates his game quite a bit. Again, as I said in my post, I don't think it's enough to not put him in the NBA, he looked really good out there tonight. The full context of my post was that he looked ready.

BTW, I love it when a Cyclone loss turns the whole fanbase against each other. No reason to call me out for making the same point you are making.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron