Big 12 has become the Big Ten

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
In the scoring aspect. Check out the scores so far.
Day 2:
ISU 74, A&M 50
BU 73, TT 60
KU 72, OU 61
KSU 75, Mizz 59

Texas & OSU were tied at 21 at half.

First games were equally low-scoring. I think ISU-UT game may have been the highest combined so far (148 points).

I mention this only because (1) I didn't think the conference would be this "grounded" (2) when it happens in the Big Ten, it's assumed it's a "gritty" conference. (3) I wouldn't care either way, but ISU is (so far!) tied for 1st.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
No, it would be like the Big Ten if both teams scored in the 50's like Nebraska and Illinois did today.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The Big 12 is a little down this year. Besides I dont care what scores are as long as we win.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The Big Ten is terrible in football, but in basketball they are the best conference in the country this year and I'm not sure it's really close.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The Big Ten is terrible in football, but in basketball they are the best conference in the country this year and I'm not sure it's really close.

Who do they have outside of OSU? Wisconsin, who lost to Iowa at home, with their only recognized player looking like a shell of himself this year? Or MSU? Or Purdue? I think the Big 12 with Mizzou, Kansas, and Baylor are deeper at the top. OSU is the best team in either conference, and is one of the dominant teams this year. All the conferences nation wide look to have more parity this year. Except for the SEC, where Kentucky will walk through everyone.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Expect more games like this, there's a lot of parity in the league this year and the new round robin format means teams get to see everyone twice.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
The Big 12 is a little down this year. Besides I dont care what scores are as long as we win.

Whole heartedly agree! ISU beat KU 56-55 in the last Big 8 Championship. Nobody was complaining about low scores back when Floyd was coaching...

Platypoke

Oct 7, 2011
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Expect any game with OSU to be low-scoring. Whatever our defense is it seems to be working in the points-allowed per game column. If only the offense could do something....

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
In the scoring aspect. Check out the scores so far.
Day 2:
ISU 74, A&M 50
BU 73, TT 60
KU 72, OU 61
KSU 75, Mizz 59

Texas & OSU were tied at 21 at half.

First games were equally low-scoring. I think ISU-UT game may have been the highest combined so far (148 points).

I mention this only because (1) I didn't think the conference would be this "grounded" (2) when it happens in the Big Ten, it's assumed it's a "gritty" conference. (3) I wouldn't care either way, but ISU is (so far!) tied for 1st.

IMO, the games have gotten so physical their isn't going to be a lot of high scores unless the refs call it really tight like they did in the ISU-Texas game. As a fan, neither is really a great option.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
The Big Ten can't be that good if Iowa is winning games in conference play.

Haha

When the hawks beat wisky, I thought, at first, it was like us beating nebbie in fb 3 yrs ago. We weren't very good, and the other team helped out significantly.

Now, I am of the opinion that osu is final 4 good, indiana, sparty, and michigan are teams that are going to win a game or two in the tourney, and illinois is talented.

After that, none of the teams in the fox 12 impress me. It was a nice couple of wins for the hawks, because they were on the road, but wisky is 1-3, and looks bad, and minny is 0-4 in that league.

I don't think the big 12 is very good this year either, so I thought that the op meant that big 12 bb is like big whatever fb, a couple of very good teams, and the rest of the league is way overrated. Unfortunately for the haks, it appears now that the bb league is the same as their fb conference this year, poor with a couple of exceptions.