***Official Iowa State vs. Baylor Gameday Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In all seriousness, if Kirby could get good by next year at least we'd have a great punter and decent kicker for two more years.

You'd have to think he has the leg strength.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Without Money or Jantz, Herman would be exposed to all fans, not just some. Herman is terrible. Great catch and throw by Jantz and Reynolds.

Are you kidding Mahoney? Please pull this guys scholarship and kick him off the team. ISU shouldn't kick a ball except on kickoffs and punts.

Feels like Herman chokes or something. Gets too conservative, loses all sense of the gameplan, forgets what has worked, doesnt use our strenghts.

Look at Baylor, they have a great wide receiver and by god they use him. Over and over again till you stop it.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Re: Baylor is really good.

I don't think that's outrageous to think. Baylor sucked before Griffin came along, and unless things pick up in their recruiting, they'll suck again once he's gone.

Baylor has recruited well the past few years. Mostly on offense, but once he is gone, they will be much worse for wear.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Actually, no, it was Mahoney that ****ed us. His plant foot was offsides.

Mahoney should be taken behind the practice facility and shot (not serious).

I'm not convinced they really called it on Mahoney. How can you mix up Jeremiah George with Mahoney? I don't think it went 10 yards anyway.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Actually, no, it was Mahoney that ****ed us. His plant foot was offsides.

Mahoney should be taken behind the practice facility and shot (not serious).

The kicker is offsides every kickoff, it's never called. Don't know why they decided to call it now.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I want to see a good football team that does not play STUPID FOOTBALL GAME AFTER GAME ___ GEEZ WE CAN"T even MAKE an f'en extra point or an on-side kick. Can't you see this is the worst football we have put on the field in decades -- someone has to point it out ---- we are just plain awful -- and coaching is a huge piece of it. Quit ******** at me and look at the product on the field-- McFarland had a better offense and he was fired after two years. This is sad to watch -- Baylor may set a rushing record against us.

th_81496052.gif

Reactions: isubucky72

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I want to see a good football team that does not play STUPID FOOTBALL GAME AFTER GAME ___ GEEZ WE CAN"T even MAKE an f'en extra point or an on-side kick. Can't you see this is the worst football we have put on the field in decades -- someone has to point it out ---- we are just plain awful -- and coaching is a huge piece of it. Quit ******** at me and look at the product on the field-- McFarland had a better offense and he was fired after two years. This is sad to watch -- Baylor may set a rushing record against us.

Apparently you don't remember the Chizik years that clearly.

5-19. One of the worst ISU coaches in our record books. Play on the field was atrocious. Play calling was awful. Last play of the game against Colorado down 4, ball on the 2 yard line, we ran the ball through the teeth of their defense all day, and they decide to call pitch option sweep which, of course, get's shut down?

And somehow still managed to get a sweet Auburn gig out of it.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
time for George to get playing time...Tafoou is crap..third time atleast he's missed an easy tackle...George is a good kid so why not