this would be the most amazing job ever

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I love baseball but I would shoot myself come August. Who wants to watch every game of the season?

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
I love baseball but I would shoot myself come August. Who wants to watch every game of the season?

It not only would be bad in August, but think about watching a Pirates vs Nationals game in late August...ouch.

That said, it would be unbelievable for a baseball fan for about a month or so.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Watch every single game? Either they don't mean start to finish, they plan to let the person watch condensed games, or the person can watch multiple games at the same time. Otherwise, the sum total of MLB major league games (162 * 30 teams / 2) at 3 hours per game is roughly 304 straight days of baseball (24 hours per day).

The season is only about 180 days long. Watching only one game at a time in real time, it'd take 4 people watching baseball 10 hours per day, 7 days a week to watch all the games in around 180 days.

Last edited:

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Watch every single game? Either they don't mean start to finish, they plan to let the person watch condensed games, or the person can watch multiple games at the same time. Otherwise, the sum total of MLB major league games (162 * 30 teams / 2) at 3 hours per game is roughly 304 straight days of baseball (24 hours per day). The season is only about 180 days long.

Maybe they have a video crew to cut the three hours or torture down to the three minutes of action for each game.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Maybe they have a video crew to cut the three hours or torture down to the three minutes of action for each game.

I think MLB.tv posts condensed games where they only show the pitch (or pitches) in an at-bat where something happens -- ball in play, strikeout, stolen base, pickoff, etc. That would make this job manageable.

clone319

Nov 27, 2010
I love baseball but to watch every single game? I dont even watch every Braves (favorite team) game. Plus being in front of a camera and writing about every game? Sounds rough. Wonder what the pay is?

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Just get me a book of baseball cliches and I'll be fine...

"[Insert Player Name] has really been swinging a hot bat lately."

"[Insert Player Name] just didn't come to the park ready to play today."

"[Insert Player Name] always comes through in the clutch."

"The [Insert Team Name] need to start manufacturing some runs here."

"I would do things to the hottie in the third row that would make Ron Jeremy blush."

"The team that scores the most runs today will win the game."

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Who says it would have to pay well? Lots of sports related jobs don't pay well (unless you already have a lot of money like a GM, or have a highly specialized skill like head trainer) because so many people want to work for a sports franchise. They don't have to pay well because people will do it cheaply because they love it, or just to say that's what they do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron