Directv Multi Room DVR

Jay_Clone

Mar 26, 2006
Johnston
Does anyone have the feature that allows you to watch shows in any room from a DVR in another room? I was thinking about getting it so I could watch stuff I have recorded in the man cave and in the living room.

I was also wondering if I would have to update my current DVR receiver (HR22-100).

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I tried it out when it was free and it worked fine. I have an HR22 and an HR23 and it worked on both.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I had Dish network and had a multi room DVR it is the only way to go. Just switched to Mediacom and their company doesn't even know whet their equipment will do. Needless to say they get one more shot at 10 AM on Friday to get it right. They are pisssing me off bad. I knew this would happen so I'm being patient until it gets done right. Then I'll pass judgement. Overall it doesn't make sense to have DVR and not the ability to share it among different TV's

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
OK...I'm confused (and sounds like ignorant). We have a "multi-room DVR" from Mediacom but I was only under the impression that they shared capabilities between the TV's that have are actually hooked to a DVR directly...not any other non DVR TV's. In other words, I can DVR a show on downstairs TV but watch on TV hooked up to a DVR upstairs. The OP seems to imply you should be able to watch shows on other TV's in the household NOT hooked up to a DVR?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yeah I have this. It is really nice. We have 1 dvr for kids stuff, 1 for my stuff, and 1 for soaps for the wife.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
OK...I'm confused (and sounds like ignorant). We have a "multi-room DVR" from Mediacom but I was only under the impression that they shared capabilities between the TV's that have are actually hooked to a DVR directly...not any other non DVR TV's. In other words, I can DVR a show on downstairs TV but watch on TV hooked up to a DVR upstairs. The OP seems to imply you should be able to watch shows on other TV's in the household NOT hooked up to a DVR?

I believe this is the case with Directv. You can have just have Directv receivers at the other TV's and one main DVR.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I believe this is the case with Directv. You can have just have Directv receivers at the other TV's and one main DVR.

That is correct, as long as the non dvr's are newer models, you are good to go.

Help Support Us

Become a patron