adding teams

which ones would you most want to join the big 12?

• Total voters

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The only teams that would join the B12 IMO are non-BCS teams. If the league holds together, Utah is likely headed to the P10. I think we'd have to take from the MWC as well.

TCU, BYU would probably be top choices.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Does it have any significance that BYU doesn't play games on Sundays?

ianuni57

Nov 28, 2007
Central Iowa
Whatever happened to Arkansas being mentioned as a new member of the Big XII? I understand why they would never leave the SECOND, but just asking about it.

If for some reason they want to bolt, I saw them and Utah.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Here are some dumb suggestions:

If Minnesota would somehow join, we could be the I-35 conference.

Is Notre Dame only considering the B10?

Otherwise, TCU, Arkansas, Utah, BYU, CSU, LSU, or Louisville/Memphis/Cincinnati.

IMO our best bet is a merger with MWC or Big East along with a network.

I really hope there is some legislative relief which would limit the amount of TV revenue to each school. The USFL successfully sued the NFL because it had a broadcast monopoly of professional football.

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
Louisville and Utah. Both better basketball programs than NU and as good or better at football than MU most seasons.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Because no other school from a BCS conference is coming to the BXII given the public display of idiotness over the last couple weeks. It would have to come from a non-BCS conference...aka MWC.

Utah will be in the P10 if the BXII sticks. That leaves BYU and TCU as the best teams available.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
If I had a choice, and it will never happen, I would add TCU and the University of Houston to the Big XII and then move Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the North.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Because no other school from a BCS conference is coming to the BXII given the public display of idiotness over the last couple weeks. It would have to come from a non-BCS conference...aka MWC.

Utah will be in the P10 if the BXII sticks. That leaves BYU and TCU as the best teams available.

We should look ANYWHERE but Texas for teams after what has just happened. I can't BELIEVE anyone in this conference wants more pull in the state of Texas. I don't care how good they are...in fact, since they are good they will be getting recruits that want to stay and play in Texas that might...might...play for us.