Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
spinaltap-11.jpg

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Congrats on the Pac10 getting the cable subscribers in the Denver market......oh and its sounds like a college or something comes with the deal.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
How did this whole big 12 break up even begin? I think this whole thing is stupid.

Meaning I think the big 12 should stay the same. It is not always about football. Each team brings something to a sport. Us, it is our wres, wbb, gym, voll. other teams bring something else... I think this was blown out of proportion

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
How did this whole big 12 break up even begin? I think this whole thing is stupid.

There is this piece of paper in my pocket with a picture of Ben Franklin on it. Most, if not all, athletics departments want more of these. I believe the official name for it is 'money'. :wink:

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
I hope the Pac-10 either can't get another team to join or is forced to get a crappy school to join. Either way, they wouldn't be happy and they would get what they deserve for their greed.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I heard it all started when Dan Beebe assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

See, I heard that Beebe was busy practicing his earthquake drills and has been huddled under his desk for the past 6 months waiting for this to blow over.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
I hope the Pac-10 either can't get another team to join or is forced to get a crappy school to join. Either way, they wouldn't be happy and they would get what they deserve for their greed.

Agree, the big 12 was a great conference, and for what they did... I can't even finish the sentence!!!!

Reactions: jsmith86

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
nah.... I think the only reward that we will get in this comes 5-10 years down the road or until the TV contracts are up. Some school, be it Texa$, Nebby, OU, USC, OR, tOSU, Mich, etc is going to fall off and fall off hard. They're going to go from being number 1 or 2 in their conference to 3 or 4th. Recruits stop coming and they slip to mediocracy.
That says nothing, NOTHING of the Texas Technical(ly)s, Okie States, UCLAs, Cals, Iowas, aTms, Rutgers, Wiscys, MNs, MSUs, and CUs of the world. Kiss it goodbye folks, it aint happening. Sure, they'll have their moment for a season, or a game. Maybe.
And while it hurts now that we're getting the **** end of the deal and likely headed to football irrelavency, I can see us getting back to our roots, basketball, and building it to a national power as a mid major. Even football, though the recruiting likely falls, may win some championships, etc. I don't like CR, but the last "Dateline: Campustown" had it right. MWC? Dominate it. C-USA? Dominate it. New Big XII? Dominate it.
We can't control what cards are dealt to us, we know that and JP and GG have told us that. What we can do is rally around the future and make ISU the best it can be. That likely means donating more, making it to more games, etc. But we can do it. We are Iowa State and we've had adversity before. We will prevail.

For I! For S! Forever!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I heard it all started when Dan Beebe assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

See, I heard that Beebe was busy practicing his earthquake drills and has been huddled under his desk for the past 6 months waiting for this to blow over.

I believe Mike Alden kissed Dodds on the cheek, then the Romans walked in.

I think Emperor Osborne used his "dark side" lightning to kill Mace Windu and then Anakin Skywalker bowed before him and became his apprentice Darth Vader...

Reactions: jsmith86