Zabriskie in Browns Mini-camp

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Wow, best of luck to him. He sat in front of me in class all year long, never imagined he would be in an NFL mini-camp.

I assume he was pretty good in high school? Any reason why he gets even a shot to try out?

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
I like it. He has to be getting some good $ for showing up. Plus if Colt gets out of line Z and Mark can be like hey you know what we have that you don't? A NCAA championship.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Love this quote...

“Z told me, ‘I don’t even own a pair of cleats,’” Crawford said. “‘I had to borrow one from the football team.’”

cyclone1306

May 1, 2009
Good for him.... He already is my all time favorite ISU wrestler. Stephen Neal from cal state bakersfield who plays for the Patriots was a college heavyweight and now hes a very good NFL player. I dont know if he played football in college or not though.

tripod

Dec 28, 2007
Blocking tight end? I wouldn't think you would stick a guy on defense who has never played beyond high school. Good for him. Great picture!

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
The good thing about an athlete with no experience is that they don't have bad habits yet and are totally coachable. Wrestlers have a very tenacious mentality and have motors that run in short intense bursts. Might make for a perfect D-end, who knows?

Wales

May 22, 2008
Carlton Haselrig never played football in College and was all pro for the Steelers. Stephan Neal never played football in college and is a great pro. Both have bigger frames, but Z has one other thing in common with them and that is they were all three National Champs. Good luck Z.
Other wrestlers that did both in college of the top of my head, were Lorenzo Neal for Fresno State a college All-American, Curley Culp was a National Champ for Arizonia St. and Bob Golic was a preseason Number one ranked heavy out of Notre Dame.