Mizzu Reaction to Bowl picks

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Just wondering if anyone has heard much from fans/boosters/athletic people at Missouri after the Insight picked ISU?

If I was in their shoes, I'd be a little mad and maybe a little embarrassed.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Just wondering if anyone has heard much from fans/boosters/athletic people at Missouri after the Insight picked ISU?

Some of them are taking it awfully hard. Some are very bitter. See this fan forum on the Insight Bowl website:

Fiesta Bowl

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

well, its embarrassing to get jumped but they get a more even matchup record wise and we do too. Also, they land in the middle of bigXII recruiting area and are on national TV. So if they can get over the humiliation, it may actually work out better for them. Lets face it, after Alamo bowl the prestige is pretty much equal. And as long as it isn't independence the location isn't bad.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Some of them are taking it awfully hard. Some are very bitter. See this fan forum on the Insight Bowl website:

Fiesta Bowl

Wow...Yeah a lot of sour grapes, but can't blame them in some respects.

Funny how it's so easy for some fans to tear down opposing teams and their fans.

It's not our fault.....

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
A lot of them are very upset. They keeping saying if they were in the big 10 they would never get skipped over like this. Apparently they have missed the 3 or so time Iowa has jumped teams that beat them and finished higher then them in the conference to make it to a new years day bowl.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Some of them are totally missing the fact that A & M and Oklahoma also got picked ahead of them with poorer records...

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Some of them are totally missing the fact that A & M and Oklahoma also got picked ahead of them with poorer records...

Thats true. Maybe not so much Oklahoma, but ISU and A&M should be in the same boat as far as Mizzou fans being upset about. I am in the belief that they should be there because of their record but I will take the Insight and be proud of it. Having said that, there needs to be a rule where your record needs to be considered more than it did in this situation. Like its been said before, the regular season needs to mean something.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Thats true. Maybe not so much Oklahoma, but ISU and A&M should be in the same boat as far as Mizzou fans being upset about. I am in the belief that they should be there because of their record but I will take the Insight and be proud of it. Having said that, there needs to be a rule where your record needs to be considered more than it did in this situation. Like its been said before, the regular season needs to mean something.

Same here. I think it's a bit of a travesty. I'm sure their fans travel well too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron