Haven't given up on this season....

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm the ultimate GMac homer and truly hope things click this year for this squad, but I believe I'm coming down in the camp where he must show some real results this year. I won't get too worked up during the rest of the non-conference as we have some tough gigs on the schedule with Duke and Cal, but he must have us playing meaningful games late in the conference schedule.

My biggest disappointment thus far is the apparent lack of leadership that has yet to emerge from the players. CB must show the nation why he's an AA. MG must show the nation he can be a next level guy. LS must show us he's not one-dimensional. I think SC can be the "nails" kid we've been missing and CC can bring us more attitude but someone from the players MUST sack-up and take charge of these guys.

If Jared Homan had half the skills of CB he'd be in the league. If CB had half the toughness of Homan we'd be undefeated and getting votes in the top 25. One of the reasons CB came back was the feedback about him gaining strength. I think those GMs may have been talking less of muscles and more of the ability to raise the level of play of those around him.

I'm willing to let the season play out and will dutifully listen to each and every game here in Spokane but the players MUST come out and own this team and be responsible for its toughness.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I haven't given up, either. That would be foolish this early in the year. I'm very disappointed with what I've seen the last two games because it felt all too much like the previous two years all over again. For the most part, as long as you don't commit suicide in the non-conference and lose like 6 games, you're OK. The conference season is what ultimately matters. We're going to have to find a way to go 9-7 in league play to go dancing. With the schedule we will have played and our history in the NCAA's, we won't have any issues getting in.

I'm hopeful this can still be a good team come late January and into February. The talent is there without question. Brackins, Gilstrap and veterans guards. I'm not sure what else McDermott wants.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I wouldn't say most have given up - but I wold say most are down to the wire with patience.

We really need to see a solid performance against a good team sometime soon.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Most people I know have given up. At least until we beat somebody we aren't supposed to. Beating Cal would go a long way. I know that if Cal wins 4 tickets for the Iowa game will be unused or sold. No way am I spending 7 hours of my life to watch what would be a historically boring game. We'll win but it will take years off your life.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Most people I know have given up. At least until we beat somebody we aren't supposed to. Beating Cal would go a long way. I know that if Cal wins 4 tickets for the Iowa game will be unused or sold. No way am I spending 7 hours of my life to watch what would be a historically boring game. We'll win but it will take years off your life.

tsk ...tsk...old boy....A real fan will show up no matter what. We'll see how many real fans are out their for McDud and his team of All Stars!!!!!

expecting another loss to cal..............

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I'm the ultimate GMac homer and truly hope things click this year for this squad, but I believe I'm coming down in the camp where he must show some real results this year. I won't get too worked up during the rest of the non-conference as we have some tough gigs on the schedule with Duke and Cal, but he must have us playing meaningful games late in the conference schedule.

My biggest disappointment thus far is the apparent lack of leadership that has yet to emerge from the players. CB must show the nation why he's an AA. MG must show the nation he can be a next level guy. LS must show us he's not one-dimensional. I think SC can be the "nails" kid we've been missing and CC can bring us more attitude but someone from the players MUST sack-up and take charge of these guys.

If Jared Homan had half the skills of CB he'd be in the league. If CB had half the toughness of Homan we'd be undefeated and getting votes in the top 25. One of the reasons CB came back was the feedback about him gaining strength. I think those GMs may have been talking less of muscles and more of the ability to raise the level of play of those around him.

I'm willing to let the season play out and will dutifully listen to each and every game here in Spokane but the players MUST come out and own this team and be responsible for its toughness.

I'd love to see Craig make more moves TO the basket instead of away from the basket. And that doesn't count catching it from 18ft away, and making a 15ft jump shot.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

and some on here think that fair weather fans only exist in Iowa City...

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I am not giving up. Why should I give up when players haven't given up? Least we can do is to support our wonderful players. Its only two loss... Its not like they lost 6 straight already.

Help Support Us

Become a patron