Kiah Stokes makes USA U16 squad

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Maryland.

that would be too bad, risky choice if you ask me, without Coleman and Toliver, not to mention not having Jeff Waltz on the bench, Freeze has a great deal to prove now. Her team's defense is as leaky as a sieve, and without two of the best play makers in the history of basketball, I think Maryland might struggle to ever reach the heights it did previously. Also, she gets a lot of great recruits, but then there are "rumblings" about who gets to play.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The games keep getting closer. USA 93, Argentina 33.

After sitting out yesterday due to illness, she played 11 minutes today, getting 10 points (3-6 fg, 4-6 ft), 5 rebounds (2 off), 2 assists (1 to), 2 steals, and 2 blocks. She did pick up 3 fouls.

This concludes the prelim round-robin round. USA plays in the semis tomorrow. Looks like they'll probably play Brazil in the semis, and a win there sets up a finals matchup Friday with Canada or a rematch with Argentina.

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Even closer yet: USA 105, Brazil 54 in the semifinals. Stokes only had 1 point and 3 rebounds in 12 minutes. The final against Canada is tonight at 8pm central.

Note: By making it to the finals of the FIBA Americas, the team qualified for next year's U17 world championships.

Last edited:

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
USA beats Canada in the championship 103-52. Stokes had 3 points and 3 rebounds in about 10 minutes of action.

Why is this on the Iowa State women's basketball forum? I love women's basketball as much as anyone on here, but she is not coming to Iowa State.

wyocy

Dec 20, 2008
wyoming
Too bad if she's not considering ISU seriously. But, don't we have one of the best centers in the country coming in as a freshman this year? The girl from Colorado? I guess I don't know how good she will be but I know the CU coach caught some serious flack for letting her get away.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Too bad if she's not considering ISU seriously. But, don't we have one of the best centers in the country coming in as a freshman this year? The girl from Colorado? I guess I don't know how good she will be but I know the CU coach caught some serious flack for letting her get away.

You can never have too many post players (see ISU 07-08 season). We lost five post players from last season (and will lose one more after this season) and we only have 3 post players coming in, so post recruiting still needs to be a priority.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why is this on the Iowa State women's basketball forum? I love women's basketball as much as anyone on here, but she is not coming to Iowa State.

We had a double digit Mike Marry page. Don't post if it's such a waste of time.