Who on here will Cheer for the Hawks Tonight???

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
The classic debate in Iowa is, do you cheer for your home state team on the national stage or do you pull against them because, of course, they are the Hawkeyes.

As for me, it's the fans that make it hard for me to cheer for the Hawks. Is there a more annoying fan base in the country outside of South Bend? I personally like Coach Ferentz, his players are mostly trouble-makers, but the fans are the deal breakers. I haven't lived in Iowa for six years so I don't have to listen to Hawk Squawks very often so I'm pretty neutral tonight, but for those who do live in Iowa (and those who don't are still welcome to chime in), do you cheer for the Hawks tonight or hope they embarass themselves on national TV?

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
I will watch the game but not cheer for them. After seeing too many of their fans and interacting with them it makes it impossible to cheer for them.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
The classic debate in Iowa is, do you cheer for your home state team on the national stage or do you pull against them because, of course, they are the Hawkeyes.

As for me, it's the fans that make it hard for me to cheer for the Hawks. Is there a more annoying fan base in the country outside of South Bend? I personally like Coach Ferentz, his players are mostly trouble-makers, but the fans are the deal breakers. I haven't lived in Iowa for six years so I don't have to listen to Hawk Squawks very often so I'm pretty neutral tonight, but for those who do live in Iowa (and those who don't are still welcome to chime in), do you cheer for the Hawks tonight or hope they embarass themselves on national TV?

Really?

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

I don't really care as long as the "under" wins!

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I have enough friends and family that are the good sort of hawk fans that I can still cheer for them, for the most part. Reading their message boards makes it difficult sometimes though.

I'll be pulling for them tonight.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I don't live in Iowa and I for one will be cheering for a repeat of Iowa's last trip to the Orange Bowl. I really enjoyed that USC game back in the 02 season, and I hope this one is another classic to be enjoyed for years to come!

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008

One thing is clear after the MN game, and that is we'd roll-up on them if we played them right now. We gave them the game anyway the first time.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I will be watching...but I really don't care who wins. Just the way I feel...hope it is a good and entertaining game as we are running out of chances to watch college football for the next 8 months!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Against. I know way too many Hawk fans that drive me nuts and their cockiness is annoying, the bad fans out number the good fans that I know. Go GT!!!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have a decent chunk of change on the Hawks therefore I won't even watch. I can't cheer for Iowa but I bet on them to make it palatable if they win.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I am excited to see the yellow jackets rush attack vs. the best front 7 in college football :jimlad: