Van De Velde screws own school out of bowl bid

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bruce can quit whining at any point now...

Bryce Miller ‏@Bryce_A_Miller
Ex-ISU AD Van De Velde emailed me a statement that claims#libertybowl promised La Tech a spot Sat, even if #big12 #cycloneswere available.

Here's the thing. Everyone knew there was a shot the Big 12 would have only one BCS team. Kansas State or Oklahoma easily could have lost one of their games. And there was a shot that Kent State, Boise, or Northern could jump into the top 16. So Bruce knew that (or if didn't he is an idiot). As such, Bruce should have known that the Big 12 would not have enough bowls for their slots. And it quickly became apparent that the Liberty and Independence Bowls would have spots available. Anyone with half a brain would realize that the left over Big 12 team would lobby hard to go to Memphis and that Memphis would want that team.

I feel sorry for the players. But I don't really feel sorry for the coach. He should have been involved in this. They should have taken the Indy bowl bid on Saturday because that is who they are. They don't have a conference to stick up for him.

This idea that Dallas would have taken them ahead of a Big 12 team is pretty stupid and I don't care if the Dallas bowl is going to have Conference USA next year or not. You know the Big 12 which is pretty powerful (or at least more powerful than the WAC) would practically force Dallas to pick a Big 12 team.

Finally, who the hell does Bruce think LaTech is? I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell you that they had some high powered offense. I might have thought that was LA-Monroe.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And a P.S. that stated he was the one who hired Cristy Johnson-Lynch, he hired Cael Sanderson, the SEZ will never work, Pollard sucks, and he just moved up to a size 38 diaper.

Can you imagine him in our corner during the conference crap the last 2 years. We at least had GG and Pollard who were well respected among their peers.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
epic fail by BVDV...why did he think the heart of dallas was interested? The spots for the HoD game were occupied by a B10 team and a B12 team....he needs to do his research next time.
Maybe he believes his own BS. Maybe he was played by Liberty Bowl people. Maybe he reached for a bridge too far. Maybe hge can be the poster child for bowls.

Help Support Us

Become a patron