Useful products thread

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I'm sure improvements have been made in 5-6 years since I looked. Back then though it was basically everything at Target or a drug store made my skin burn and caused skin tags, but all the "natural" stuff at health stores didn't work except this salt crystal thing.

I actually like the salt crystal in that it lasts half a decade, one less thing on the shopping list. It does work, it just doesn't quite last as long as you'd like sometimes. A few of the "all natural" I tried really didn't work at all.

Harry's razors really exposed what a scam Gillette was for decades. It's the same thing for 1/3 the price. If anybody is still using Gillette they're really throwing away money.
I used to get a rash when using antiperspirants so the doctor had me switch to non-scented ones. It's the scent-stuff that causes the problem.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
The missus got me a fancy razor for V Day and I love it. Great shave, and replacement blades are cheap.
1715512682989.jpeg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agreed with your point until an apple slicer changed my life.

I can’t believe I went so long biting off chunks from a whole apple like a heathen. Now I only eat apples as perfectly uniform slices while sitting on my throne.

View attachment 128974

Apple slicers can work pretty well for cutting up sweet potatoes too. Gotta microwave the potato for a bit to soften it up.

• Informative
Reactions: CascadeClone

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
I used to get a rash when using antiperspirants so the doctor had me switch to non-scented ones. It's the scent-stuff that causes the problem.
Don't want to derail this thread as this is worthy of it's own, but why didn't the Doc switch you to a wash cloth and a bar of soap? I've never done the survey but know several including myself that don't use antiperspirants and opt for daily hygiene instead. The human body isn't perfect but i don't think it was designed to handle all the things we try to do to it. Besides the obvious abuses like cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol, coating it with sprays, roll-ons, powders and scents was probably not in the fine print that came with the original instructions. I will agree that some women appeal to me more if they touch up the edges with some makeup, but leave the trowel in the drawer when applying. :D:D

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Don't want to derail this thread as this is worthy of it's own, but why didn't the Doc switch you to a wash cloth and a bar of soap? I've never done the survey but know several including myself that don't use antiperspirants and opt for daily hygiene instead. The human body isn't perfect but i don't think it was designed to handle all the things we try to do to it. Besides the obvious abuses like cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol, coating it with sprays, roll-ons, powders and scents was probably not in the fine print that came with the original instructions. I will agree that some women appeal to me more if they touch up the edges with some makeup, but leave the trowel in the drawer when applying. :D:D
My pits used to sweat awful and I'd always have rashes/chemical burn from the clinical antiperspirants. Figured out that I sweat drastically less with non-antiperspirant 0% aluminum deodorant. That would have been nice to know about 10 years sooner.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
These are the best. Actually sharp and stay that way despite how much i abuse them.

Attachments

• 1715522406425.png
    1715522406425.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Agree
Reactions: 0u812

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Name another thing you use your pizza cutter for that you can't use a knife for?

Just because you can use a knife for cutting anything, doesn’t mean it’s practical.

I’m looking for efficiency with almost every tool/utensil I buy. If a tool is more efficient at doing a job, is reasonably priced, and within your allotted budget, why not get it?

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
I will forever contend that these are one of the greatest inventions ever.

View attachment 128928
I found a real game-changer with these a few weeks ago, they have reusable ones that have a bigger tab on them so you can un-zip and re-zip as you need to.

I have fences around trees and need to get in said fence from time to time and got sick of always cutting and wasting zip ties.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I've tried dropping the hint that I want one of those a few times now. If it doesn't come for Father's Day, guess I'll just have to buy it myself.
Aside from actual cooking hardware like pans/grill/flattop, the sous vide is probably the most used thing in my kitchen. If you've got a vacsealer, there's no reason you don't also have a sous vide.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron