Useful products thread

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Thought this might be interesting, as there are a lot of things out there that are very useful that people may not know about.

For instance, my neighbor's fence was on it's last legs (I've had a post angled against it and a guy wire attached for well over a year so it won't fall down).

My sister told me they bought fence post anchors when theirs were getting wobbly, so I spent last night installing three of them and they worked great.
Where the hell were you two weeks ago before this happened? 16 year old fence finally had some issues. I have two posts that need to be replaced. I may have to look into those anchors for the others to be safe.

GridArt_20240509_142201837 (1).jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Cyclonepride

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
One time I gave my key fob to the Toyota dealer for service and they broke it, completely shattered the thing. They gave me a $180 bill to replace it. I told them it wasn't broke when I gave it to them and they said it's just natural for them to break. The car was about 6 years old.

I just went with one key the rest of the time I owned the car because I refused to give them a dime for something they broke, obviously I never went back there for service or to buy another car. Luckily I had a lot of service options where I lived. Probably the most insane stupid customer service mistake I've ever encountered.
Whenever I have to take my car in for anything and hand over the key I give them my spare fob. 2 reasons, I don't have to deal with taking my other keys off the ring if I'm leaving it for some time and this. No chance in hell I'd pay for that if they broke it. My second fob is always in my car anyways, wrap that thing in tinfoil hide it in the trunk and it won't be detected. Easy backup if the batteries in my main one dies and I have to use the key to get in.

Also the battery dying piece, everyone should know even if dead your car has somewhere you can set it to be detected even with no juice. Mines in the center console.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Thought this might be interesting, as there are a lot of things out there that are very useful that people may not know about.

For instance, my neighbor's fence was on it's last legs (I've had a post angled against it and a guy wire attached for well over a year so it won't fall down).

My sister told me they bought fence post anchors when theirs were getting wobbly, so I spent last night installing three of them and they worked great.
Do you happen to have a link to the ones you used? I see some that are one sided, while others wrap completely around the post.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Because the pizza cutter wheel is inferior to a knife. @BoomerClone pay attention.

If you start the pizza cutter outside the pizza, it's too difficult to go over the crust and at the inverse side you have a tendency to pull up near the end up your "slice". So they tend to look like the top right and end and/or start early. Thus not fully cutting the pizza.

That's why the downward force of a knife is way more useful. You will never need to go back and forth until the pizza is cut like you do with the wheel.

View attachment 128938
MS paint?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Where does CF fall on pizza scissors though

hZiolLY.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: MeowingCows

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I want to like these, because I have kind of a storage/organization fetish. But half the batteries will go dead before you use them. We have one at work, and have probably used 5 batteries in 5 years.

Probably its much better in a house with kids burning batteries up in their game controllers etc.

I mean, you don't have to fill it to capacity. But it is nice to have all the batteries of various sizes in one place.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'll add my two cents to the pizza cutter controversy.

I almost never bought frozen pizzas so I didn't have a pizza cutter after my last move. Due to We Will, I have had 8ish frozen pizzas since they came out. The first two I used a knife to cut. Absolutely sucked. Bought a pizza cutter. Worth the $6. The pizza pan is handy too.

Reactions: NWICY and Tailg8er

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Where does CF fall on pizza scissors though

hZiolLY.jpeg

When I studied abroad in Rome through ISU there were generally two types of pizza. The thin Naples style that's become popular here where they don't cut it at all, just put it in front of you with a knife and fork, great if you eat it right there, not something you'd take to go. And the rustic "street" style that's a thicker crust in big rectangle pans and you buy it by the kilogram, sometimes two pieces wrapped up to hold like a sandwich. When I'd get pizza from those "by the pound" shops they'd usually cut it with scissors like that. They'd kind of put the scissors at a spot and I'd usually ask for a little larger piece.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Food saver - get a commercial one. Not significantly more expensive, but they will last a lot longer. And if you get the right style, you don’t need the special bags that cost a fortune with the ribbing on the inside
so....not for her pleasure?

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500