Twisters movie out in July

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This is the official synopsis:

Edgar-Jones stars as Kate Cooper, a former storm chaser haunted by a devastating encounter with a tornado during her college years who now studies storm patterns on screens safely in New York City. She is lured back to the open plains by her friend, Javi (Golden Globe nominee Anthony Ramos, In the Heights) to test a groundbreaking new tracking system. There, she crosses paths with Tyler Owens (Powell), the charming and reckless social-media superstar who thrives on posting his storm-chasing adventures with his raucous crew, the more dangerous the better. As storm season intensifies, terrifying phenomena never seen before are unleashed, and Kate, Tyler and their competing teams find themselves squarely in the paths of multiple storm systems converging over central Oklahoma in the fight of their lives.es
So haunted by a bad weather experience she chooses a career in (checks notes) … weather.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
So haunted by a bad weather experience she chooses a career in (checks notes) … weather.
That's no different than the original. Jo becomes a storm chaser to help make sure nobody has to go through what she went through.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
This is gonna be sick.

Is it gonna be a good movie? No. But it’s gonna be fun and sometimes thats the whole damn point of a movie.

If I have fun it’s a good movie. I can’t wait.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It's honestly hard to screw up a disaster movie for me. As long as the special effects and acting are above Sharknado level that is.

Hurricane, tornado, earthquake, asteroid, volcano, all of the above at once, just take my money

Reactions: BigCyFan

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just saw this commercial tonight. Tornadoes and fire and a good-looking guy? I'd watch it on TV, I suppose. Rather save my money for something more valuable, like a good parking spot at Jack Trice ;)

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean and nfrine

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
How the hell can there be a full fledged rodeo going on with a tornado barreling down upon them. Everyone is taken by surprise...in today's cellphone world with weather apps and emergency alert systems...no way that would happen.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Why do I need to go to a movie to see tornadoes? The internet is full of wild tornado videos and that **** is real.

Reactions: madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How the hell can there be a full fledged rodeo going on with a tornado barreling down upon them. Everyone is taken by surprise...in today's cellphone world with weather apps and emergency alert systems...no way that would happen.

Which imo is the point.

Make movies ridiculous again.

Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I went to elementary school with the little farm boy who came out of the cellar at the end of Twister.

Ever been to the Twister movie site?

I have.

It was basically an old unmaintained/run down farm.

Come to think of it maybe it wasn't even the Twister site and someone just put up a sign to mess with people.

• Haha
Reactions: HoopsTournament

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron