Tristan Enaruna sighting

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
They are forcing him to play as a big which is not his skill set, nor is he big enough to play as a big.
You could be right, Biliew would have had an easier time this year if he played the 3 based on his existing skill-set and physical maturity. But I doubt that would have resulted in minutes for Biliew. Curtis Jones is an above average Big12 wing- especially for a 6th man. And then throw Watson into the rotation at the 3 and not many minutes for Biliew.

At 6'8- it seems like Omaha has enough size to play post in the modern game. As a 5, Omaha's not a great defensive matchup against certain teams which have a traditional center like KU's Hunter Dickinson. But he could play the 5 against most Big12 teams. And obviously play the 4 against anyone. Not having seen Biliew play enough minutes at the college level, not sure if he has a consistent 3 point shot to play wing against Big12 teams.

Obviously, the staff has a plan. I would think they view Biliew and Momcilovic as complimentary players at the 3/4 spots. Momcilovic more of a 3 on offense and 4 on defense. Biliew as a 4 on offense and 3 on defense. I think both guys will naturally mature and put on some weight and strength is offseason.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
It's more likely Enaruna is tearing it up now because he plays against much worse competition. He's also two years older. He was even less productive in 2 seasons at KU. Does Self not know how to utilize players either? That would be quite the "take".
Exactly this. I'm very happy that Enaruna has found a place to excel. Maybe if he had stayed at ISU he'd be doing well by this year, but probably not as well as at Cleveland St. He evidently didn't have something TJ was looking for or he didn't feel this was the right fit for him.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
They are forcing him to play as a big which is not his skill set, nor is he big enough to play as a big.
Do you think he has the skill set of a wing? Because I certainly haven't seen that. Can't dribble and can't shoot, at least not at a Big 12 level. I frankly wouldn't know where to play him, either. The one kind of role he could fill right now would seem to be along the lines of using his physical skills to be a great defender, glue guy / hustler and rebounder, to try to get additional possessions. In this offense, the guy playing the 4 - Tre King or sometimes MIlan - can pop out, face the basket and get outside shots. Maybe I'm missing something but he doesn't seem at all ready to play at this level; hopefully he makes a big leap forward in the off-season because he IS gifted.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
What are all these Big 12 games when Enaruna was the best player on the floor? He was great in the opener against Baylor. That was pretty much it. He absolutely was not the best player on the court, or even in an ISU uniform in any other Big 12 game. He was decent against Texas at Hilton and might have been the best player on the court in the first 8 minutes.

After the Baylor game he had 15/20 games where he scored 0 or 2 pts. A few games where he played 25+ minutes he was OK, as in 5 pts 4 rebound kind of games. Some of the problem was he played in a way that was very finesse. He didn't attempt a FT in most of the games.

There are some posts approaching ZRF levels, where TJ is gets fooled by "body language" or "mannerisms" and TJ can't realize a guy just looks like he's not playing hard when he really is.

He had some skill and he has a nice ceiling. But the idea that he was really good at ISU is revisionist history. He's playing a bunch of dog crap teams now, so not too shocking that a big, skilled guy is tearing it up.
I loved his ability to guard so many positions but he looked lost on offense and didn't have much aggression to his offensive game. It seems like he found the right spot to flourish at Cleveland State.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Im not sure Omaha will be here next year.
We're 22-6 and Omaha is clearly not one of our best 9 players. If it doesn't work here it doesn't work here, but I'm not going to lose a minute of sleep over whether Omaha is here next year or not. Our program is in the best shape it's been in school history. All that being said, I think here is his best option long term. TJ can get him to the league

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Do you think he has the skill set of a wing? Because I certainly haven't seen that. Can't dribble and can't shoot, at least not at a Big 12 level. I frankly wouldn't know where to play him, either. The one kind of role he could fill right now would seem to be along the lines of using his physical skills to be a great defender, glue guy / hustler and rebounder, to try to get additional possessions. In this offense, the guy playing the 4 - Tre King or sometimes MIlan - can pop out, face the basket and get outside shots. Maybe I'm missing something but he doesn't seem at all ready to play at this level; hopefully he makes a big leap forward in the off-season because he IS gifted.
If Omaha gets the ball and he doesn’t have an open layup or clear lane to the basket it feels like a turnover waiting to happen. I don't get where this idea that he has great perimeter ball skills is coming from. Not that he couldn't eventually show that, but he certainly hasn't so far.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If Omaha gets the ball and he doesn’t have an open layup or clear lane to the basket it feels like a turnover waiting to happen. I don't get where this idea that he has great perimeter ball skills is coming from. Not that he couldn't eventually show that, but he certainly hasn't so far.

Someone posted in this thread that Enurana was the best player on the court a bunch of nights so anything's possible I guess if you just pretend it happened.