Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Reactions: RagingCloner

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
So Jaden got greedy and walked away from $9.5 million at Miami? If so then I dont feel bad for him.
He walked away from a promised $9.5 million at Miami for a promised $13.85 million at Florida. The Florida money wound up not being accurate and the Miami offer was now gone. I seem to recall there being reports that the legitimacy of the Miami money was questionable, too.

If you wouldn't strongly consider increasing your salary by a milly per year (or 45%, whichever) then more power to you, I guess.

Reactions: HarryClone

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
He walked away from a promised $9.5 million at Miami for a promised $13.85 million at Florida. The Florida money wound up not being accurate and the Miami offer was now gone. I seem to recall there being reports that the legitimacy of the Miami money was questionable, too.

If you wouldn't strongly consider increasing your salary by a milly per year (or 45%, whichever) then more power to you, I guess.
IIRC, there was some shady stuff going on with Ruiz and the Cavinder twins, two women’s hoops recruits. They have a massive social media following with plenty of NIL appeal.

His company LifeWallet has had a tumultuous time the past few years. He’s been under federal investigations: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/07/31/univ-miami-john-ruiz-issues-colleges

I know Miami’s fate in the ACC/beyond is unknown, but it makes you wonder if the B1G and the SEC are wary of the baggage. That school is just constantly plagued with controversy in their athletics programs.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
IIRC, there was some shady stuff going on with Ruiz and the Cavinder twins, two women’s hoops recruits. They have a massive social media following with plenty of NIL appeal.

His company LifeWallet has had a tumultuous time the past few years. He’s been under federal investigations: https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/07/31/univ-miami-john-ruiz-issues-colleges

I know Miami’s fate in the ACC/beyond is unknown, but it makes you wonder if the B1G and the SEC are wary of the baggage. That school is just constantly plagued with controversy in their athletics programs.
The Miami brand has fallen off SOOOOO much this century. I don't see how they'd bring any added value to the SEC, but the B1G might be interested in getting a rich private school in Florida. That's their only hope, because I don't think athletics alone makes them a slam dunk addition.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they end up in Big XII at some point, but who knows.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

waitwaitwait -
someone attached to the Miami Hurricanes is perhaps not squeaky clean? I am SHOCKED! SHOCKED!!

Well, not that shocked...

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
waitwaitwait -
someone attached to the Miami Hurricanes is perhaps not squeaky clean? I am SHOCKED! SHOCKED!!

Well, not that shocked...
Miami is that guy we all know who just can’t stay out of trouble. Always up to some kind of scheme

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone