Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I just love so much how Iowa's abysmal results in the portal is completely self inflicted.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Eicholt was on KXNO tonight essentially saying this kid was the real deal and going to be the next great Iowa shooter. If he was so great why didn’t he get a scholarship?
Hornacek was a walk on. He turned out pretty good.

No, I am not comparing this guy to Hornacek, but sometimes players do fall through the cracks.

Reactions: jsb

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Hornacek was a walk on. He turned out pretty good.

No, I am not comparing this guy to Hornacek, but sometimes players do fall through the cracks.
Paul Shirley was a walk-on his freshman year. And Doug McDermott was for his senior year. All of these were due to scholarship limits, which is not the problem, exactly, that Iowa is facing.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
As bad as the roster is, we all know Fran will get them to play above their talent level to an extent. The floor is usually pretty high for Fran, despite the product he puts out there year in and year out. It seems like there is some potential for an all-time poor season for Fran though. Not Prohm level of failure by any means, but I could see them winning as few as 12 games next year if Sandfort doesn't come back.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
LOL what happened to the Iowa was winners because they lost no one theory?
they have to be winners. just read wistisky column to day in the dm rag about how the women program has risen so high by using the portal and will keep rising up. lol

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
they have to be winners. just read wistisky column to day in the dm rag about how the women program has risen so high by using the portal and will keep rising up. lol

LOL they couldn't get anyone to come in to play with Clark last yr.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinch