Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think people are overlooking the biggest part of the story. The FIRST people you start to solicit and spend the most time trying to get onboard are those with season tickets - those already investing in the program and with enough funds to spend several grand on season tickets.

The SWARM got all those contacts and out of 2 years of supposed "effort" only turned 400 of the 53,300 season ticket holders to give as little as $1. That's 100% a failure of the collective in effort, communication, and trust - it really has nothing to do with the willingness of their fanbase to support a collective.

That's a direct, traceable, indisputable indictment against the SWARM leadership.
Remember, if you are a Kirkwood student, you can be a season ticket holder also. No way Kirkwood kids are giving to it.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Honestly…. as much as these programs ask of their fans monetarily already…. I’m surprised they get anyone to give to the collective.

Unless I win some lottery, I’ll likely never be able to contribute to the collective…. other than buying some of their beer and pizza.
My wife is a professional fundraiser (and Iowa Grad) and I’ve been discussing this with her. She said We Will was really smart hiring Blum, whom she knows and knows he gets it, and how insulting it is when people like Brad think it is just so easy to raise money. It is hard and takes a lot of time and strategic effort. Shaming people ain’t the way to do it.

CW and Hassel talked about this on their Thursday pod. Blum was a good hire given that he's well known and had the experience and connections to be the right guy to lead this.

Also talked about how the Ames Lager and WW pizzas were a great idea too. Another way to sell it, where if you can't or don't want to make direct monetary contributions, that's fine, just do us a favor and buy the We Will items when you do your pizza and beer runs.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
CW and Hassel talked about this on their Thursday pod. Blum was a good hire given that he's well known and had the experience and connections to be the right guy to lead this.

Also talked about how the Ames Lager and WW pizzas were a great idea too. Another way to sell it, where if you can't or don't want to make direct monetary contributions, that's fine, just do us a favor and buy the We Will items when you do your pizza and beer runs.
Technically I've never donated to We Will in any way that is traceable, but I've bought my fair share of pizza and beer and stop at @Cycsk always great tailgates ( the mild winter made for some fun BB tailgates) and throw some money in the kitty.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
And the hits just keep coming.

Is a "preferred" walk-on different from a walk-on? Yikes.

CHECKS ALMOST ALL THE BOXES!!! He has the summer to get some luscious tat's.

1715045985179.jpeg

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Eicholt was on KXNO tonight essentially saying this kid was the real deal and going to be the next great Iowa shooter. If he was so great why didn’t he get a scholarship?

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Eicholt was on KXNO tonight essentially saying this kid was the real deal and going to be the next great Iowa shooter. If he was so great why didn’t he get a scholarship?
The next Josh Ogelsby. Watch out BIG.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

+1. I am real lukewarm on donating to WeWill but have been buying a lot of Ames Lager. If pizza makes it to CR i will have that too.

Need to find more of these product tie ins. Maybe car or tractor dealers throw in $50 per unit.
WeWill cola (for mixers)? Wine?
Salsa? Nacho chips?

Im sure they have looked over a huge list, but keep adding them, Blum.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
And the hits just keep coming.

Is a "preferred" walk-on different from a walk-on? Yikes.

CHECKS ALMOST ALL THE BOXES!!! He has the summer to get some luscious tat's.

View attachment 128787

Whats his name? Also, why do Hawk fans all think Walk Ons are going to do anything other than help out in practice. Every once in a while you will get a kid that will get some playing time if you have some major injuries on the team. Other than that they usually are practice players

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
+1. I am real lukewarm on donating to WeWill but have been buying a lot of Ames Lager. If pizza makes it to CR i will have that too.

Need to find more of these product tie ins. Maybe car or tractor dealers throw in $50 per unit.
WeWill cola (for mixers)? Wine?
Salsa? Nacho chips?

Im sure they have looked over a huge list, but keep adding them, Blum.

Same here on being lukewarm. I struggle with donating to a collective when the school makes millions in revenue and yet is supposed to be "non profit". I get that its just how the system is set up now and if we don't have a good collective, we'll fall behind quickly....so to your point I don't mind shifting some of my purchases so that it helps the collective.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Same here on being lukewarm. I struggle with donating to a collective when the school makes millions in revenue and yet is supposed to be "non profit". I get that its just how the system is set up now and if we don't have a good collective, we'll fall behind quickly....so to your point I don't mind shifting some of my purchases so that it helps the collective.
Luke Warm. Is that the name of Iowa's latest portal target? Would be a perfect fit for them.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Luke Warm. Is that the name of Iowa's latest portal target? Would be a perfect fit for them.
"Your starting lineup for the Iowa Hawkeyes men's basketball team; At point guard, standing 5'8, Luke Warm! At shooting guard, standing 6'1, Avery Age! At small forward, standing 6'3, Noah Talent. At power forward, at 6'5, put your hands together for Addy Quate! And at center, the big man! Standing 6 feet and seven inches, heralding from Iceland, freshman sensation Yawny P. Ho-Hum!!!!"