Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Won by 38. So I guess ISU is two points better this year.

I know I had this FAMU game circled at the beginning of the year as a must win. It never really occurred to me that the buy game on December 7 would amount to much. I was right. Twice.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I love how the central Iowa media called it a homecoming for Caitlyn Clark. She barely plays an hour and half away! It wasn't a "homecoming"!! Fans can easily see her play at "home" in Iowa City.
Maybe they played there so CC could say she won at WFA. I don’t think she ever won a state title, did she ever even make state in HS?

Reactions: psycln11

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Those goofs over on GIA spouted that Garza was the best player to ever come out of Iowa...well he's still in Iowa playing in the G-League that's how out touch with reality squack fans are. Now its Clark. Yet they are still enamored with Murray's one standout game where he hit for 11 threes so is he still in the running.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Those goofs over on GIA spouted that Garza was the best player to ever come out of Iowa...well he's still in Iowa playing in the G-League that's how out touch with reality squack fans are. Now its Clark. Yet they are still enamored with Murray's one standout game where he hit for 11 threes so is he still in the running.
In a recent John Miller & CW podcast (after the Hilton Massacre I think), Miller was rambling about how good Iowa's frontcourt would be if they were playing off of Garza, a player who graduated three years ago. Also brought up BJ Armstrong for some reason. EIU fans have a weird fixation/romanticization of the Great Hawkeyes of Yore.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I love how the central Iowa media called it a homecoming for Caitlyn Clark. She barely plays an hour and half away! It wasn't a "homecoming"!! Fans can easily see her play at "home" in Iowa City.
Weird complaint considering she grew up in Des Moines...