Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Really,….. what legitimate BB player would even consider that shitfest.? They have absolutely no upside as a program what so ever
They have sent a few young men to the pros over the past 3-5 years, no? And they young men were unheard of before getting there. So, if no one has ever heard of you, it's a good start, right?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Really,….. what legitimate BB player would even consider that shitfest.? They have absolutely no upside as a program what so ever

Fran has shown a history of letting a player stat stuff to get their name out there at the detriment of the team’s success. So, if a guy has NBA aspirations and has no interest in winning a meaningful number of games, maybe it’s a destination? I mean, looking at that roster, there’s definitely an opportunity to get as many shots as you want.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This is the winner and it’s not close. Moe would make Jorbo seem likeable some of you all are just not old enough to remember him. Although he still a jackwad and if u google his name u will see

Anyone that exploits women like he does rises high on the dbag list

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
If Sandfort is serious about the draft, this is the year to do it. Worried me with Milan before he hit a bit of a freshmen wall in the middle of Big 12 play.

I'd expect Sandfort back though.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Anyone that exploits women like he does rises high on the dbag list

Yeah but he shaved his legs and didn't wear long socks so fans thought he was the coolest dude. And you heard about it every time he stepped foot on the court. Kind of like How Niang used to play with Nerlens Noel.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If Sandfort is serious about the draft, this is the year to do it. Worried me with Milan before he hit a bit of a freshmen wall in the middle of Big 12 play.

He is too bad defensively right now, and probably forever. If he gets that feedback like I suspect he will, my initial though is he should either stay in the draft, get taken somewhere 40-60 and work on developing in the G League, or remain in school but enter the portal and transfer to a program that can develop him defensively for another year while maybe having a shot to win more games. I'm sorry, I just don't think another year at Iowa does him any good. Fran hasn't prepared him in 3 years so far, 1 more year isn't going to get him there either.

• Winner
Reactions: exCYtable

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Yeah. Don't be so sure. I mean he's a good three point shooter. Do you know how hard it is for NBA teams to find 3 pt shooters? I mean , no he isn't athletic, but it's not like there are a bunch of athletic 6'7 3 point shooters out there that can play defense as well. :rolleyes: Then again maybe there are.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

As bad as the draft appears to be this year, Sandlot may get his number called in round 2. It will be interesting to see what he does if that happens.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Ken Miller is still pushing the “Dix is leaving” narrative this morning. Why wouldn’t he be in the portal by now if so?

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not a lot of news out of Iowa City about portal targets. Not a lot of speculation on their messages boards either. This is a pretty huge off-season for Fran, I would think. They lost a bunch of scoring and minutes off of a team that was pretty pedestrian to begin with, and they might be high on the incoming freshmen, but it's hard to count on any of them making an instant impact. And Sandfort could always decide to stay in the draft. Seems like they'd want to be pretty active in the portal. And maybe they are, but just playing it close to the vest.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron