Tonight's Kansas-Iowa State Officials

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It is widely known that many refs who see what they perceive as a flop respond by not calling a foul. Some refs get duped by them and some refs fight back against them. There are little push offs like that going on throughout the game that do not get called.

As a fan, we don't want them to call 100% of everything or the game will have 50 fouls called and we'll be watching Stu Nezlek try to beat Tyler Self at the buzzer.
STUUUUUUUUU!

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
It is widely known that many refs who see what they perceive as a flop respond by not calling a foul. Some refs get duped by them and some refs fight back against them. There are little push offs like that going on throughout the game that do not get called.

As a fan, we don't want them to call 100% of everything or the game will have 50 fouls called and we'll be watching Wes Greder try to beat Tyler Self at the buzzer.

I didn't see any little push offs that upset me, but Mason got away with about 400 huge push offs where you can see his arm extend from near his body to full extension, while Monte flies backwards 5 feet. And it's not just against us. There's a reason that Mason, a 5'11" muscle hamster without an abundance of speed, is able to get so much separation on all of his drives.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Who the **** cares? I'd rather see fans bashing the refs than our own players.

And I could give a **** if Kansas fans like us or not. Tuco certainly is a smug person.

Who said anything about Kansas fans? All I'm saying is we have a thread complaining about the refs after nearly after loss, embarrassing.

• Winner
Reactions: The_Gent

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I didn't see any little push offs that upset me, but Mason got away with about 400 huge push offs where you can see his arm extend from near his body to full extension, while Monte flies backwards 5 feet. And it's not just against us. There's a reason that Mason, a 5'11" muscle hamster without an abundance of speed, is able to get so much separation on all of his drives.

Agreed. Mason does that push-off all the time, even when he doesn't have the ball. It may even now be muscle memory where he does it even when he isn't trying. I've even started threads about it before. Mason just seems to become more and more bold about doing it. And he has admitted before about being willing to make illegal plays because he doesn't think the refs will call it. The out of bounds play at half court at the end of the Oklahoma game comes to mind. He literally admitted in a postgame interview about calling the refs bluff on that one.

I want to hear from Blum about why refs don't make the call on his stiff-arm push-offs, especially when they are so quick to call the defense for even touching the ball handler.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Who said anything about Kansas fans? All I'm saying is we have a thread complaining about the refs after nearly after loss, embarrassing.
And I suggest you actually READ the thread before complaining about it. It started BEFORE the game with positive comments about the officiating team. The comments after the game have been mixed, a few ref blamers, a few ref defenders. Lots of complaints about things players do that are annoying and questionably "legal".

You're working too hard to be embarrassed.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
And I suggest you actually READ the thread before complaining about it. It started BEFORE the game with positive comments about the officiating team. The comments after the game have been mixed, a few ref blamers, a few ref defenders. Lots of complaints about things players do that are annoying and questionably "legal".

You're working too hard to be embarrassed.

Again, not talking about this thread specifically but rather the overall notion that we complain about the refs every ******* game. Go read the In-game threads for our losses and tell me that isn't the case.

• Agree
Reactions: randomfan44

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Again, not talking about this thread specifically but rather the overall notion that we complain about the refs every ******* game. Go read the In-game threads for our losses and tell me that isn't the case.
People don't generally blame officials for losses. Sure people will criticize officials when they make bad calls, but I don't see how that makes us look like we are whining.

We are often said to have intelligent fans. People like to ***** about us booing and complaining, but other teams do it to and generally don't know basketball rules as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: randomfan44

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

As a fan, we don't want them to call 100% of everything or the game will have 50 fouls called and we'll be watching Wes Greder try to beat Tyler Self at the buzzer.

I want refs to call 100% of everything because maybe then players would be able to adjust and just play without having to worry about what is/is not going to get called.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I tend to avoid the in-game threads because they are populated by people who are extremists. I'll talk about a game before, or after, but not during. You might consider trying that. :)

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
I came here to post this. It's sad that seemingly half the fan base believes we've never truly been beaten in a game and that every game has been stolen from us by officials. Gets old.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I came here to post this. It's sad that seemingly half the fan base believes we've never truly been beaten in a game and that every game has been stolen from us by officials. Gets old.

Good grief - another one?

"And I suggest you actually READ the thread before complaining about it. It started BEFORE the game with positive comments about the officiating team. The comments after the game have been mixed, a few ref blamers, a few ref defenders. Lots of complaints about things players do that are annoying and questionably "legal".

You're working too hard to be embarrassed."

• Agree
Reactions: peteypie and Cycsk

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

I have literally not seen one post from anyone saying we lost the game because of officiating. That is not the same thing as pointing out some bad calls.

Reactions: Tailg8er

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

The fact that you know who the last player on our roster is has me somewhere between impressed and concerned.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
THIS is Burton's go to move on the boards, pinning the opposing players arm under his pit. It is a foul but he rarely ever gets called for it. I doubt it ever goes in an ISu fan's "we got away with one there" list but he easily gets away with it a half dozen times a game. It's maddening as an opposing fan.

Dear refs, when a guy jumps and only one arm goes up and his shoulders go tilted to the other side, it's not for no reason. Someone is holding his other arm.

ku_bkc_isu_05_t960.JPG
Please enlighten us by citing which section of the rule book justifies making up a foul call on Burton in this position. By rule, he owns the space within his fame. Violate it either at the risk of a no-call or hope that you do not get called for fouling Burton. I'm fine with a no-call in this situation, but the KU player is more at fault here. He is the one with the arm extended away from his body restricting Burton's movement to the ball. Restriction of movement has been the biggest point of emphasis in officiating over the past 3 years. Officials have been told to enforce it and eliminate the old "no harm - no foul" approach.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron