Tom Brady Roast

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
that was actually a great roast.

being on netflix, and live, probably helped. Much better than those things comedy central throws out.

tom and bert were OK. I get they were trying to be a little different with their routine.

nikki was fantastic. Tony, too

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Winners of the night:
Nikki Glazer- just incredible
Tony Hinchcliffe- not too familiar with him but the “Ah hell gnaw” joke may have been my favorite of the night
Bill Belichick- it’s cool to continue to see a different side of him. I’m surprised he did this but his set was great and he was a good sport all night

I also enjoyed Sam Jay, Edelman, Ron Burgundy (if it was a little shorter), and for some reason laughed every single time Kevin Hart threw in a “**** you Tom!”. Peyton Manning also seemed in his element and is very comfortable in front of the mic.

Losers of the night:
Kim K- she shouldn’t have been part of it and was clearly uncomfortable reading off the prompt the entire time
Gronk- I’m sure others enjoyed but I barely laughed at anything he said. Went on too long about **** jokes and just wasn’t that funny for me
Tom and Bert- Pretty big miss by them IMO. It was just awkward and unfunny most of the set.
Ben Affleck- see Tom and Bert's analysis

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I like them in some ways but for me it seems like many of the speakers don't know the roastee that well and some of it gets really cringe as some of them just keep lambasting someone like it's their place to do it.

Jimmy Kimmel continuing to dig into Robert Downey Jr. at the Oscars when it was pretty clear how unneeded it was was just not fun.

Norm McDonald is still the champ with his roast of the roast and trolling everyone and Bob Saget knowing full well what he was doing.

I think that's kind of my thing too. You get these "professional roaster" types like Jeff Ross or Glazer and they can write a funny joke, but it's just kind of weird since you know they've surely never met Tom Brady. Have them write jokes and have guys like Belicheck or Edelmen deliver them all night.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Agree with comment I saw about it being too long.

Could of done without Hart analysis comments after every roaster. Just do a **** you Tom and bring up the next person.

The Affleck bit was also a miss for me

Overall though a solid show.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I haven't seen it yet but I'm struggling to envision Belichick laying down consecutive zingers. He could land a good joke at a press conference but it was typically like going to the dentist.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The best ending to a roast had to be William Shatner. Guy entered the roast on a horse.

At the end George Takai said something like "I can finally say **** you and the horse you rode in on"

Reactions: madguy30

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Because they do. Bert is the least funny "comedian" in decades. Tom used to be quite good.
Tom has definitely had some absolutely hilarious stuff in his act. Some of his standup bits are really, really funny. But I don't find Bert to be very funny at all. I think Tom outclasses him in every way.

Reactions: cyclone1209

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Because they do. Bert is the least funny "comedian" in decades. Tom used to be quite good.
Agree. I love Bert on podcasts when he's just having a conversation. His stand up isn't that great.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Tom has definitely had some absolutely hilarious stuff in his act. Some of his standup bits are really, really funny. But I don't find Bert to be very funny at all. I think Tom outclasses him in every way.
Bert is more of a story teller of some crap he did. I find him ok. He is not a good stand up comedian. Tom is a fantastic stand up comedian and he keeps getting better. I don't mind Bert. He just is not that good of a stand up. His one story of the Machine blew up and made him and he has been riding off that since. He is actually really good at sustaining his fame when he probably is more of a one hit comedy wonder.

• Agree
Reactions: Saul_T

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Tony Hinchcliffe- not too familiar with him but the “Ah hell gnaw” joke may have been my favorite of the night
Tony was/is the writer for most roasts. He had a huge hand in the Comedy Central roasts. He has a weekly video podcast called Kill Tony where amateur comedians get to perform a 1 minute set in front of a live audience and a comedian panel. It usually goes off the rails.

Comedy ain't dead yet!
Pal, we're in the middle of a Golden Era of comedy right now. There are several comedians who are selling out arenas while countless are filling theaters and smaller venues.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
If you haven't seen Kill Tony, Tony Hinchcliff's live podcast, you are absolutely missing out. It is two hours of hysteria. That show and Adam Ray as Dr. Phil are the two best watches on YouTube right now.

Reactions: AgronAlum

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
The comedians are on the roasts because they write the material for the non comedians too. I thought it was pretty funny overall especially when you consider Comedy Central used to cut the worst roasters because they weren’t live and had commercial breaks. This live show was all in.

Sam Jay, Bledsoe, Tony, Jeff Ross, Shultz and Edelman were all great. Tom and Bert sucked like usual (I miss fat Tom). Affleck was bad. Kim was bad but that line from Brady about Kanye and the kids made it worth her being there. Kevin Hart did a great job hosting.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
If you haven't seen Kill Tony, Tony Hinchcliff's live podcast, you are absolutely missing out. It is two hours of hysteria. That show and Adam Ray as Dr. Phil are the two best watches on YouTube right now.

Harland Williams is moving up into Adam Ray territory for best guest. He’s been on fire during his couple episodes but the Dr Phil bit kills me every time and his full length Comedy Store show is hilarious.

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
I thought it was great. If you don't want to dedicate three hours, just fast forward to the Nikki Glaser set. She stole the show.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron