Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Saw on ESPN where she mentioned the physicality and how easily she was pushed off screens.

Iowa WBB and MBB must just have a gaming room instead of a weight room.

Reactions: chadly82

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I’m enjoying the irony of Iowa fans. They blasted Diana Taurasi when she said Clark will need to learn to adapt to the WNBA. After two games, X is filled of posts from Iowa fans saying Clark is struggling because

A) Poor coaching
B) she needs to run the point
C) She’s only been a pro for a couple weeks
D) she’s facing elite defenses

Seems to me maybe Diana Taurasi was actually right all along. Iowa fans really should temper their expectations. It’s unfair and unrealistic to expect Clark to just walk into the WNBA and put up insane numbers like she did in college. It will take time to adjust to the physicality and speed just like for any sport when jumping from high school to college and college to the pros

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I’m enjoying the irony of Iowa fans. They blasted Diana Taurasi when she said Clark will need to learn to adapt to the WNBA. After two games, X is filled of posts from Iowa fans saying Clark is struggling because

A) Poor coaching
B) she needs to run the point
C) She’s only been a pro for a couple weeks
D) she’s facing elite defenses

Seems to me maybe Diana Taurasi was actually right all along. Iowa fans really should temper their expectations. It’s unfair and unrealistic to expect Clark to just walk into the WNBA and put up insane numbers like she did in college. It will take time to adjust to the physicality and speed just like for any sport when jumping from high school to college and college to the pros
They’re hilarious lol….

• Winner
Reactions: Daserop and Cyhig

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
If this keeps up the WNBA will have to pull the Fever off the broadcast schedule & put the good teams on. Losing by being blown out twice exposes their team defense & offense woes. As far as CC, she either needs to add muscle pounds or the WNBA needs to scale down the physical play which is laughable to watch. If this keeps up she will rival Garza as the biggest Hawkeye bust.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
WNBA needs Clark to do better. They are counting on her to be the MIchael Jordon of womens basketball and right now it appears as though she is the next kwame brown

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I watched roughly half the game last night. It was not fun to watch. The Fever are brutal. They had the number 1 pick this year, the number 1 & 7 pick in 2023, and the 2, 4, & 6 picks in 2022, but it sure doesn't look like it. NY was way more talented last night. I didn't think Clark played bad, but she definitely didn't have a positive impact on the game. The WNBA has an issue. They have all these new people checking out the league, but Clark and the Fever aren't much fun to watch right now. I have a feeling some drama is on the horizon.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron