Tim Dobbins released by Texans

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like the Texans will really suck worse this year without four linebackers. Screw the Texans now. I dumped Matt Schaub from my fantasy team before he was injured and may Arian Foster rest the rest of the year with his hammy.

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
Never claimed ISU on his pregame intro so I dont care about him.

That stuff has always bugged me too. Your freaking high school didn't get you into the pros... It's not a huge thing but especially as a program that doesn't have a pipeline to the pro leagues and struggles with recruiting, anything helps. Maybe I am thin skinned about it, but if they don't support ISU, I don't root for them any different than I do any other player. Don't like them, don't hate them, they're just another player.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That stuff has always bugged me too. Your freaking high school didn't get you into the pros... It's not a huge thing but especially as a program that doesn't have a pipeline to the pro leagues and struggles with recruiting, anything helps. Maybe I am thin skinned about it, but if they don't support ISU, I don't root for them any different than I do any other player. Don't like them, don't hate them, they're just another player.

I suppose it really bothers you as well that Ellis Hobbs III didn't claim ISU as his school in pre-game, either, despite the fact he was usually wearing ISU gear during postgame interviews and conspicuously displayed in his locker. I mean, it's not as if he didn't have a reason - he wanted to GRADUATE from ISU first.

But hey - I guess some fans just need that ego stroked because unless they represent ISU 100% of the time following graduation then ISU meant absolutely to them and deserve to be treated as greedy, self-serving pariahs.

Like I said, who gives a crap?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
He must have had a cigar in his hotel room as that is what it takes to get cut by the Texans.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Was he also part of "The Dope Show" in Houston? Doubtful, but they are really cleaning house right now. Cut a LB right after that roid rage Cushing got hurt