Thursday night special: Auburn visits K-State

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
In week 1 we saw Okie State and WVU lauded for their efforts versus the best of the best. Week 4 brings us #4 Auburn @ #20 Kansas State, a huge Big 5 matchup, under the bright lights of ESPN.

OU was heavily favored verus Tennessee, and they delievered as advertised. But with Texas Tech faltering versus Hawg Nation, the Thursday story line is whether the Old Man's charges can deliver in this year's Big 12 / SEC rubber match.

Will it be good enough for the Purple Kitties to go down looking good? The pundits would have us believe so, reasoning that the SEC talent will be too much for this midwestern team to handle. Or will the Old Man need to prove once gain that age and guile wins out over 5 star and fast twitch every time?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think K State wins, forcing Auburn into 5 turnovers.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
If you're not sure who to root for, I'll leave you with this...

hi-res-153541336_crop_north.jpg

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'll be surprised if k state hangs in there for 4 quarters. My bet is auburn by 3+ TD

Still really looking forward to watching though

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
What's the line on this one anyways?

Opened Auburn -6 and has already moved to -9.

Saw a great stat on twitter. This is the SECOND home non-conference game against a ranked opponent for K-State in Bill Snyder's 23 years as head coach. Wow.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I think K-State at least keeps it close. Auburn has a Big XII style offense and K-State is built to beat that much more than teams in the SEC. And they've had an off week for the wizard to prepare. But at the same time K-State almost lost to us, and we're a very bad football team.

My ideal world has K-State beating Auburn this weekend and Oklahoma blowing out WVU. Because those two outcomes would decimate the "SEC is the best" argument, even though I'm sure ESPN would conveniently ignore that.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I predict Auburn by two TD's. I like K State and think they'll win 9 games this year but I like Auburn a lot more.

I haven't been overly impressed with K-State. They are solid all around but not great at any one thing outside of Lockett. Waters is solid but not an all-conference player. Their defense has issues. I think they win 7 or 8 games but can't seem them beating Auburn on Thursday.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Still ticked that we lost to purple kansas. Those bs calls really cost us.

I guess I am rooting for them to win against an f-ing SEC team though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron