The whole game changed...

BigGame

Nov 21, 2011
...after the missed offsides call when we snapped it low. It was 2nd and 1 and the missed call coupled with the low snap made it 3rd and 9 and Lanning missed the throw. We were dominating in the run game and likely get another 1st down with good field position. Chance to keep wearing Baylor down up front and at least flip the field. That officiating crew didn't have a great day overall. Wish we could've made more plays defensively in the 2nd half. Great game plan and offensive execution for 3 quarters. I hope this game is a sign of how we play and prepare the rest of the way at least. Great improvement but they need to start winning close games if they're truly gonna change the culture.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
...after the missed offsides call when we snapped it low. It was 2nd and 1 and the missed call coupled with the low snap made it 3rd and 9 and Lanning missed the throw. We were dominating in the run game and likely get another 1st down with good field position. Chance to keep wearing Baylor down up front and at least flip the field. That officiating crew didn't have a great day overall. Wish we could've made more plays defensively in the 2nd half. Great game plan and offensive execution for 3 quarters. I hope this game is a sign of how we play and prepare the rest of the way at least. Great improvement but they need to start winning close games if they're truly gonna change the culture.
Agree. The guys need to stay with the play and maybe not quick snap it like that, regardless they needed to score on the last possession.

• Disagree
Reactions: FDclone

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I'm not a fan of telling the Center to snap the ball if he thinks somebody is in the neutral zone. Never leave that call up to the officials to make and risk either a fumble or 7 yard loss on a botched snap to a QB that isn't ready.
You can maybe try that if its 3rd or 4th and 5 and you are behind in the 4th Q. But not in this case.

• Disagree
Reactions: FDclone

BigGame

Nov 21, 2011
I thought about that offsides call as well. But we also had a kick return to the 50 after that so there is no reason we couldn't have gotten 20 yards and kicked a field goal at least

I don't disagree, but Baylor was able to get off the field and regroup and rest before that possession. Obviously you need to keep scoring against Baylor regardless, I just thought that call at that moment changed the compexion of the game. We punted 3 straight times after that. We also started the next possession at the 10 after their kickoff as well.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I agree with that also I felt we played way too conservative. We ran when they were stacking the box. If you aren't confident with Lanning making a pass put in park.

ECIRT.KCAJ

Aug 14, 2016
I thought the game changed when Sweet Caroline played? Thats what everyone here is saying anyway.
END THIS THREAD YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!....this is more than a coincidence... Neil Diamond "conspiracy theory my A$$... THE F-IN SONG IS A F-IN JINX !!!...Not even all of the world wide smoke on the water could cover up all of the JINX of this JINXED F-IN SONG !!!:mad:

• Informative
Reactions: 2020cy and MeanDean

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Also, that was a BU fumble at the half. Tough call, but he lost control before it crossed.

He should have been at least 8 yards further back if the replay official were consistent with what is indisputable evidence.

I have no issue with them calling that a TD. I have a huge issue with saying the Baylor runner was in bounds the entire way on his previous long run just a few plays before when the evidence was just as clear that he was out.

The offsides call miss was just inexcusable, not even a judgement call, he was clearly offsides and they took a smart ISU play and turned it into a 3rd and long punishment for ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron