Test

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
Wonder if the AK Corral is still going? We went there a lot when we wanted a buffet. Actual good home cooked food on a buffet.
It was open as of this past winter. I went to high school with the original "A" and "K". It has changed hands a couple of times over the years. I did hear a rumor that it was going to shut down. Actually heading back to Ute this weekend, will find out for sure.

Reactions: jdcyclone19

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What about accidents or speeding tickets?
I have had a few accidents since I have been up here. Usually caused by a person surfing on their phone rather than watching their driving. I believe I have had two speeding tickets in the Twin Cities but I was going more than 10 over on I-94 so I really can't complain about them.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I have had a few accidents since I have been up here. Usually caused by a person surfing on their phone rather than watching their driving. I believe I have had two speeding tickets in the Twin Cities but I was going more than 10 over on I-94 so I really can't complain about them.
Usually at 10 over, you are just keeping up with the crowd. And I am talking about the folks towing boats and travel trailers.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Usually at 10 over, you are just keeping up with the crowd. And I am talking about the folks towing boats and travel trailers.
One was early on a Saturday morning and I was distracted and passed an unmarked Highway Patrol SUV at about 72 in a 60. Normally I would notice the lights in the rear window and the antennae. The other was during rush hour and as I said I was going more than 10 over. What irked me a little about this one was that he went out of my way to say that I had changed lanes a couple of times. After thinking about it I said since I had entered the highway on a left hand ramp and had to exit on a right hand ramp I had no choice but to change lanes in the roughly 4 miles I was on the highway but I only changed one lane at a time and only from left to right, never back. I asked him why that was pertinent and he said it had no bearing. Then why the hell did you bring it up like a further indictment of my driving?

Terry Frazier

Jun 12, 2018
I grew up in Ute. Lots of changes in the all of the small towns. Charter Oak-Ute and Dunlap had some pretty good FB & BB matchups in the 70's & 80's.
The fall of 1969 those two schools played to a 0-0 tie. Both teams went undefeated and those were the days of no playoffs. So winning the Boyer Valley Conference was the only goal a team had and they tied.

Terry Frazier

Jun 12, 2018
Hahaha my 45th is next weekend. I'll check back and we'll compare notes! LOL
If you should see Rollie Wiebers say hi to him for me. He is two years younger then us. Class of 75 in Denison. Knew him years ago but lost contact when I moved to Omaha.

mkadlmkadl

Dec 5, 2017
Welcome I called Bonsalls Appliance in Dunlap to order a dishwasher the other day. Free delivery and out of this world small town service. Paid $90 dollars more VS buying in the city. But I didnt have to leave home and I know they will take care of me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron