Steve Stone - White Sox Broadcasts

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
We can talk Cubs and Sox all day, but it is beginning to bore me. I will say that this year the Sox will be fighting with KC for the bottom of the AL Central while the Cubs win the NL Central. Have a good season!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
We can talk Cubs and Sox all day, but it is beginning to bore me. I will say that this year the Sox will be fighting with KC for the bottom of the AL Central while the Cubs win the NL Central. Have a good season!

Yeah yeah, sure sure.

Both teams will finish second in their own division.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
tradition2.gif

1908 and never again.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale

atleast they are related and not partners like the Cub fans that do this. Cubs will probably win the Central, it might only take 82 wins again this year. I think the sox will probably end up 2 or 3 and hoping for the Wild Card as the Tigers look amazing on paper and the Indians should be good again.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Someone sure is posting a lot in the thread for being bored with the conversation.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale

This never gets boring, it's like ISU vs. IA stuff. It definately makes the baseball season harder to wait for.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Something about EIU fans...oops, I mean Sox fans keeps me coming back for more.

Did you just compare the behavior of White Sox fans to Hawkeye fans? Seriously?

Always selling out no matter the product on the field (referring to football -- obviously), always think their team is better than what it is, always an excuse for losing, dominate the media coverage.

Sounds to me that a century of losing has altered your judgment.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Always selling out no matter the product on the field (referring to football -- obviously), always think their team is better than what it is, always an excuse for losing, dominate the media coverage.

Except for the media thing, sounds about right on to me. I am only 34 so I don't quite have a century under my belt yet.

SouthCyder

May 30, 2007
North Liberty, IA
Ok, as a life-long White Sox fan, who grew up in the South Side neighborhood of Mt. Greenwood...I have got to say that Steve Stone, who played for the White Sox and Cubs, is one of the best analysts in the game.

Chris Singleton was INSUFFERABLE. I can't believe ESPN hired him...then again its been downhill since Harold Reynolds left...Tino Martinez, Orestes Destrada, EY, the list goes on. Thank god for Kruky.

Lastly...U.S. Cellular has been electric ever since '05. They've done so much to improve that park. It also has THE best food in the majors...hands down. The statues of Comiskey, Fisk, Pierce and Minoso are such a great tribute to the history of the sox. So don't tell me it has no atmosphere.

There are a lot of Cubs fans in the world (still have no idea why), but there are very few baseball fans among them. It's the exact opposite for the Sox. Sox fans are knowledgeable and passionate. Cubs fans are there for the scenery and the booze...

Had to do it...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron