Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 26, 2014
Coming from

That was a headscratcher, but it should have never went to OT in the first place. Such is life on the road in the B1G.
From what I saw, the refs let Iowa back in the game, so I just stopped watching. Didn't see the big ending, but it sounds like hok fans are being a bunch of cry babies as usual.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is this a good time to make the comment "don't put yourself in a situation where the refs can affect the game?" I feel like I've heard that one before....

I mean it's not like there was a second left when that happened. Iowa gets the timeout call and has to inbound it again against the press and has to make free throws if they get fouled. I can understand being upset if they didn't get the timeout call they wanted but it didn't cost them the game

• Winner
Reactions: 1976

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm just going to say it-- I'm not sure we'd beat Iowa on a neutral court right now. Oh, and they got screwed last night, too. I'm man enough to admit it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: mj4cy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm just going to say it-- I'm not sure we'd beat Iowa on a neutral court right now. Oh, and they got screwed last night, too. I'm man enough to admit it.

Who knows what would have happened, but when you have the ball up 2 with 20 seconds left and free throws coming you should win the game a majority of the time.

Not only could you hear someone screaming timeout twice, but the guy that tied him up was out of bounds. The ref had been waiting all game to make some dramatic call like that in front of Minnesota's fans.

There were a couple questionable calls that went in Iowas favor but you just dont recover from something as blatant as that non-timeout call.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
This is true. I'm also man enough to admit that a tourney bid is far from a lock for my Clones. I agree if we can get to 9-9 that we will be in but with this team, 9-9 is certainly not a given. Will see how they play Sat.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Lol, you think we smoke Iowa on a neutral court right now? What evidence of that do you have right now the way weve been playing pretty much all season? Im sure we'll probably drain 18 3's on them and everything will be fine with the world again until we play some scrub 150 RPI team and lose the very next game.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Our fan base really struggles with the ups and downs of basketball. Fortunately your insecurity doesn't match reality.

Surely there is some resource available where they can predict a spread. I'd be willing to bet if we played tomorrow at the Well we wouldn't be any more than a 2-3 point favorite.

We got smoked by them in early December. I'm not sure you could say we are playing that much better basketball now than we were then. Iowa, however, is. We are 1-3 in our last 4 games with losses to two teams that are .500 or below.

I love the Cyclones as much as anyone, but I'm also a realist about where this team is at the moment. I definitely think we have a much, much higher ceiling than Iowa this year. However, I'm just not convinced if we threw the ball up in Des Moines tomorrow we'd win. If we play like we did @ KU, sure. If we play like we did @ Vandy or @ Texas, we lose. If we play like we did against WVU, I'm not sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, you think we smoke Iowa on a neutral court right now? What evidence of that do you have right now the way weve been playing pretty much all season? Im sure we'll probably drain 18 3's on them and everything will be fine with the world again until we play some scrub 150 RPI team and lose the very next game.

We would be big time favorites on a neutral court. We're playing an absolutely brutal conference schedule and just won AT KANSAS. Sorry I'm not going to give credit because Iowa can beat Nebraska and Rutgers and say they are playing well. You'd think we would be playing well if we got to play their schedule too

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Surely there is some resource available where they can predict a spread. I'd be willing to bet if we played tomorrow at the Well we wouldn't be any more than a 2-3 point favorite.

We got smoked by them in early December. I'm not sure you could say we are playing that much better basketball now than we were then. Iowa, however, is. We are 1-3 in our last 4 games with losses to two teams that are .500 or below.

I love the Cyclones as much as anyone, but I'm also a realist about where this team is at the moment. I definitely think we have a much, much higher ceiling than Iowa this year. However, I'm just not convinced if we threw the ball up in Des Moines tomorrow we'd win. If we play like we did @ KU, sure. If we play like we did @ Vandy or @ Texas, we lose. If we play like we did against WVU, I'm not sure.

I'll take that bet right now, what do you want to bet?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Truth

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron