***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

"Here’s how Wischusen recalls that moment: “When [Scheffler] drove past him, the cop got very angry pursuing the car. … My impression was he was kind of running alongside chasing the car, and maybe he tripped and fell. I mean, there was kind of an outcropping or medium, you know, by the front gate. And keep in mind, it was raining. It was 6 o’clock in the morning. It was dark.”
Asked about Darlington’s characterization of the officer “attaching” himself to the car, Wischusen said, “I could see him stumble, but I did not have a very clear view of exactly how you want to categorize his contact with the car.”
Wischusen said Scheffler was moving at a relatively slow speed — “the speed that you would drive a car if you were pulling up to the front gate of a place,” he said — and before pulling over had driven approximately the 10 or so yards that Darlington had estimated.
When Scheffler stopped the car, Wischusen said Gillis was visibly upset. “He runs up to the driver’s side, and with the butt end of his flashlight starts screaming, you know, ‘Get out of the car, get out of the car’ — banging on the window — ‘shut the engine off, get out of the car. I’m a police officer.’”"

Much as expected, if this is correct, the cop created a problem with his aggressiveness, did something stupid and injured himself, and then blamed it on Scottie.

Shocked that the “dragging” was just the cop being next to the car, and the 20 yards was really 10.

Super cop was embarrassed he tripped so he took it out on Scottie. Still. their conduct afterwards is much more troubling.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Major entitlement move. Dragging a cop? He’s lucky he didn’t get shot. Can you imagine if that would have happened?
I swear people have no idea what happened and jump in here to make stupider and stupider comments as time goes on

A cop shoots Scheffler freakin Scheffler he’s going to have a lot bigger problems than replacing $80 pants

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Its 2024. Nobody believes the word of a law enforcement officer who wasn't wearing a body cam. Especially when other eye witness accounts raise doubt on the validity of the officers word.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Another eyewitness account that thinks the cops might have tripped and fell on his own and certainly didn’t get hit and dragged by Scheffler.

We are a day or two away from a couple of people in this thread looking really stupid.

Well they already did

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Its 2024. Nobody believes the word of a law enforcement officer who wasn't wearing a body cam. Especially when other eye witness accounts raise doubt on the validity of the officers word.
#biblebeater

• Haha
Reactions: Gorm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Turns out Scottie would have ran away with this thing if not for the one average day he had. Crazy.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Major entitlement move. Dragging a cop? He’s lucky he didn’t get shot. Can you imagine if that would have happened?
This is one of the stupidest post s I have ever seen on CF, if that cop had taken Scottie out he would never see freedom again. As it is, He should be out job hunting at a minimum!

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Plus there is video, but the DA should have dismissed charges by now, allowing Louisville police to deal with the perpetrator of the actual stupidity, and him looking for a new job!

Edit: a return to see the derby was on our bucket list, it is a scratch!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NoCreativity

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Remember at the county fair when the local vet had a free pass to get in, yet he politely pulled up and explained to the staff who he was and waited for the OK to pull through?

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Remember at the county fair when the local vet had a free pass to get in, yet he politely pulled up and explained to the staff who he was and waited for the OK to pull through?

Are we just doing random stories now?